A ration card is an important government document that allows access to government-subsidized food, grains, and gasoline. The card was introduced over five decades ago and has maintained its popularity in India. One person cannot have access to two ration cards. To prevent duplicate ration cards, the government has enabled ration card aadhar link.
Apart from providing basic food grains at reduced prices, the ration card also enables the poor to create proof of identification in the nation and link to the government database. It is classified into three types: Antyodaya, BPL (Below Poverty Line), and APL (Above Poverty Line).
Here we will discuss the online and offline process for ration card aadhar linking.
How to Link Ration Card With Aadhar Online
Many states allow you to link Aadhaar to ration card online, and the processes are as follows:
Step 1: Go to the official website of your state’s PDS portal.
Step 2: Enter the number on your Ration Card.
Step 3: Input your Aadhar card number.
Step 4: Type in your registered mobile phone number.
Step 5: To proceed, click the continue/submit button.
Step 6: A one-time password (OTP) will be issued to your registered cellphone number.
Step 7: Enter the OTP you got to submit your request for the Aadhar card ration card linking.
Ration Aadhaar Link Offline Process
For the offline process of ration card aadhar card link, you can visit the local PDS or ration shop. Ration card link with aadhar card is important in various ways:
- To search for ration cards using your Aadhar Card
- Ration card aadhar link check using your Aadhar Card Number.
Here are the steps for Ration Aadhaar Link Offline Process:
- Step 1: Go to the local PDS or Ration Shop.
- Step 2: Bring photocopies of the ration Card and the Aadhar card for all members of your household. Carry a passport-sized photo of the family members.
- Step 3: If your bank account is not connected to your Aadhaar, you must also send a copy of your bank passbook.
- Step 4: Submit all of these papers and a copy of your Aadhaar card to the PDS shop.
- Step 5: You might also need to provide your fingerprint authentication if you are using the Aadhar for the first time.
An SMS message will be sent to your registered phone number once the papers have been submitted. After that, you will receive a notification once the aadhar ration card link is done successfully.
How to Link Aadhar to Ration Card through SMS?
Follow these steps for ration card aadhar card link through SMS:
Step 1: The applicant must provide "UID SEED State Short Code> Scheme/Program Short Code> Scheme/Program ID> Aadhaar Number>" in the text box. and then send it to 51969. UID SEED MH POSC 9876543 123478789012, for example.
Step 2: Finally, the application will get alerts indicating receipt of the information, successful verification, and successful linkage of the Aadhaar card to the Ration card.
Why is Ration Card Link with Aadhar Card Important?
- By connecting the Aadhar card to the ration card, the government would be able to prevent individuals from obtaining duplicate ration cards.
- The government will also be allowed to detain those ineligible for rationing because their income exceeds the rationing level. This would help guarantee that only those who are eligible should receive subsidized fuel/food grains.
- Ration cards are sent to all families for them to access subsidized food grains and gasoline. Apart from this, the ration card also acts as evidence of identification and residency.
Documents Needed for Aadhar Link with Ration Card
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar and Ration Card
The following are the documents required for Ration Card Aadhar Link:
- For on-site verification, bring a photocopy of your Ration Card as well as the actual card.
- Aadhaar card copies for all family members
- Aadhaar photocopy of the family’s head.
- A passport-sized image of the family’s head is required.
- If the bank account is not connected to Aadhaar, a copy of the passbook is required.
- It will minimize the number of bogus Ration Cardholders who get subsidies that are normally intended for below-poverty-line (BPL) households.
- Once Aadhaar is connected to a Ration Card, households would be unable to own more than one ration card based on false information.
- After Aadhaar is connected to a Ration Card, fraudulent actions can be stopped.
- The biometric-enabled distribution system will assist PDS stores in identifying real beneficiaries and streamlining benefits as needed.
- PDS ration diversion and leakage can also be addressed.
- Aadhaar establishes an audit trail in the Public Distribution System, detecting and removing corrupt middlemen and increasing the framework’s efficiency.
Also Read About,