This 12-digit Aadhaar number issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is necessary since it acts as verification of identity and address. Aside from that, a person is eligible for all of the benefits and subsidies outlined in the Aadhaar Act, 2016. However, to receive these benefits, an individual must first connect their Aadhaar card to a bank account. Banks have also notified all of their current clients that they must link their Aadhaar numbers to their accounts. Providing Aadhaar is also required when creating new accounts. In the future, all financial institutions would ask if a person’s bank account is connected to an Aadhaar card before doing any transactions.
Aadhar Link to Bank Account through Branch(Offline)
The procedures that were previously taken and may still be taken (if desired) to link your Aadhaar and your bank account are as follows:
- Pay a visit to your bank’s branch.
- Carry your Aadhaar or e-Aadhaar card.
- Fill out a request letter.
- Fill out the form and attach a copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Following the completion of the verification procedure, the branch will link your Aadhaar and your account.
- You will receive an SMS with the status of your request on your registered cellphone number.
Aadhar Card Link to Bank Account through Phone Banking(Online)
If your bank supports Phone Banking, you may use it to link your Aadhaar to your account. You must dial the Phone Banking number, follow the steps, and choose the option that allows you to link your bank account to your Aadhaar card. To finish the procedure, you will be asked to input your Aadhaar number and confirm it by saying “Yes” or entering anything (as requested) on your phone.
Aadhar Bank Link through Internet Banking
If you want to connect your Aadhaar and bank account, you may do it using internet banking as well. The steps are as follows:
- Access your internet banking portal.
- Go to the area where you may link your Aadhaar and bank account.
- Choose the account(s) you want to link, input your Aadhaar number, and press the ‘Submit’ option.
- On the screen, the last two digits of your registered cellphone number will be shown.
- SMS will be issued to you with the status of your request to link your Aadhaar.
Aadhar Link Bank Account through Online Mobile App
Many banks provide the option to link your bank account to your Aadhaar number via their mobile app. The following are the actions that you must generally take:
- Get the mobile banking app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Open the app and input the credentials for your account (username and password). If there is any security verification, finish it as well.
- Select “Requests”/”Service” Requests” or any other version.
- Look for an option that reads “Link Aadhaar”/”Update Aadhaar Number” or anything similar.
- Choose the account to which you want to link your Aadhaar.
- Please enter your Aadhaar number (you may be asked to re-enter it for confirmation).
- Accept any relevant terms and conditions.
- Choose “Update”/”Confirm” or any other option.
Aadhar and Bank Linking through ATM
To link your Aadhaar to your bank account at an ATM, typically follow these steps:
- Go to your bank’s ATM.
- Insert the debit card linked to your bank account and enter your PIN.
- Choose one of the choices on the screen that allows you to link your Aadhar.
- Please enter your Aadhaar number (you may need to re-enter it for confirmation).
How to Check if the Aadhaar has Been Linked with the Bank Account
In most circumstances, the status will be sent to you through SMS to your registered cellphone number or email address with the bank.
If you want to link your Aadhaar to your bank account, you won’t be able to find any instructions on how to do so on the UIDAI website. To find out if your account and Aadhaar have been connected, contact your bank.
Previously, you could use the UIDAI website to see if your Aadhaar and bank account were connected.
The following actions were taken throughout this process:
- Go to “https://uidai.gov.in/” to see the official website.
- Then you had to go to the ‘Aadhaar service’ section and choose ‘Check Aadhaar & Bank Account Linking status.’
- After that, input your 12-digit Aadhaar number and the captcha given. After that, an OTP would be issued to your registered cellphone number.
- After entering the OTP and login in, a screen displaying the progress of your request would appear.
- If the connection worked, the website would say ‘Congratulations! Your bank’s Aadhaar mapping is complete.’
Benefits of Aadhaar-Bank Linking
The following are the advantages of connecting an Aadhaar number to a bank account:
- Aadhaar is a legal document. To open a bank account, you must have a Know Your Customer (KYC) document.
- Direct government credit for subsidies such as LPG, kerosene, sugar, and so on.
- Direct government credit for welfare funds, pensions, scholarships, MNREGA salaries, and so on.
- Aadhaar-enabled accounts ensure a decrease in government spending leakages.
- The Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPSonline, )’s interoperable design allows a citizen to access his account from anywhere in the nation.
Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account – FAQs
Q1. Is it necessary to link a personal loan or credit card to an Aadhaar?
No, providing an Aadhaar card is not required when applying for a personal loan or a credit card.
Q2. Is it required to link a bank account to Aadhaar?
No, linking a bank account to an Aadhaar is not required. The Aadhaar card can be used as evidence of identity, although it is not mandatory.
Q3. How can I verify an Aadhar card’s connection to a bank account?
You may verify an Aadhaar link with a bank account by going to the UIDAI website.
Q4. Is it possible to link my Aadhaar to numerous bank accounts?
Yes, numerous bank accounts may be linked to your Aadhaar.
Q5. Can I link my Aadhaar with my Bank via SMS?
- You must SMS your UID (Space) Aadhaar number from your registered mobile phone.
- Alternatively, for some banks, you must submit the last six digits of your account number, followed by your Aadhaar number.
- In any scenario, after the connection is complete, you will receive a confirmation SMS.