Now, become a part-owner of your favourite companies overseas.
Tech Giants in the market!
How It Works
Get started with these easy steps.
Frequenty Asked Questions
Where is my US stocks account held? Who is responsible for custody and clearing?
Your brokerage account is managed by Viewtrade Securities (VTS), who works with Apex Clearing corporation for trade clearing and custodian aspects of user accounts.
VTS is registered as a securities broker-dealer with the US, Securities Exchange Commission (“SEC”), (SEC# 8-51605) and is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (“FINRA”) (CRD# 46987); and Securities Investor Protection Corporation (“SIPC”).
Who owns the shares?
In the US, shares are held in the ‘street name’ by the custodian. You own the shares and all your investments/accounts. The accounts are opened in your name with your credentials and belong solely to you. As per SEC guidelines, you may verify the ownership of your account and shares by contacting ViewTrade at [email protected] for the same.
How to start investing in US stocks on Groww?
It takes 3 easy steps to start your investing journey:
Activate: Groww offers instant and free international trading account activation. It takes less than 5 minutes to submit the application.
Fund: Add funds in your Groww USD balance by transferring money from your bank to the account of US based beneficiary.
Invest: Groww offers fractional share investing which means that you can buy less than one share. We support both, market and limit orders.
Transfer money from your bank to the account of US based beneficiary - Apex Clearing. Transfers to Apex are completely safe and legitimate. After you initiate the transfer, it will take 2-4 working days for the money to reflect in your USD balance.
Groww is working with various banks to offer completely online remittance. Currently, netbanking remittance is available with ICICI, HDFC, IDFC and Kotak banks. In case your bank does not allow online remittance as of now, you can quickly drop an A2 form in your nearest branch.
Groww does not charge anything for funding your USD balance. For any foreign funding transaction, the banks generally charge a forex conversion rate and a service charge plus tax per outward remittance. It can range from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000, depending on your bank. There are no other hidden charges for funds transfer.
What are the tax implications for US stocks?
Taxation for US stocks is very straight forward. Due to the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and US there is no tax on capital gains deducted in the US for Indian residents. You will however have to pay for capital gains tax in India based upon long term (above 24 months) and short term (below 24 months) profits for your investments.
Can I use my non-Indian bank account to add USD on Groww?
No, due to compliance reasons, you can only use an Indian bank account to fund USD balance. Please note that the name on your bank account should match that on your PAN card. You can transfer funds using only the bank account which you select during account opening.
Creating proud investors.
You can feel the pride of being a Groww investor in their words.
Groww is an investing platform where users can find the best mutual funds to invest in and can invest their money without any hassles. Groww provides objective evaluation of mutual funds and does not advice or recommend any mutual fund or portfolios. Investor shall invest with their own descretion. Groww does not guarantee any returns and safety of capital.
Groww helps investors in the following way
· By providing objective evaluation of products available on Groww
· By bringing up red flags, if any, involved in the products. However Groww does not guarantee to bring out all red flags
· By being transparent about fees and charges involved in investing in a product
· By clearly representing the risk associated with buying a product
SECURE TRANSACTIONS ON GROWW
All transactions on Groww are safe and secure. Users can invest through SIP or Lumpsum using Netbanking through all supported banks. It uses BSE Star MF (with Member code 11724) as transaction platform.
MUTUAL FUNDS SAHI HAI
Mutual fund investments are very popular with individual investors because of the benefits they provide. Among the many advantages, the most important factors that drive investors to mutual funds are that Investors can
- Start with any amount (as low as 500)
- Diversify across multiple stocks and other instruments like debt, gold etc.
- Start automated monthly investments (SIP)
- Invest without requiring to open DMAT account
All type of mutual funds are available on Groww.
INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUND PORTFOLIOS
Portfolio is collection of mutual funds designed to meet your investment goals. Investing in mutual fund portfolios helps you in diversifying your investments and reduces the risk. Portfolios also help you in assigning an investment goals and make it easy for you to save for and achieve your goals. You can create a portfolio yourself or ask an expert to build it for you.
1. For Stock Broking Transaction 'Prevent unauthorised transactions in your account --> Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day...Issued in the interest of Investors.
2. For Depository Transaction 'Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat account --> Update your Mobile Number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your Registered Mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from CDSL/NSDL on the same day...Issued in the interest of investors.
3. KYC is a one time exercise while dealing in securities markets - once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
4. If you are subscribing to an IPO, there is no need to issue a cheque. Please write the Bank account number and sign the IPO application form to authorize your bank to make payment in case of allotment. In case of non allotment the funds will remain in your bank account.
· Investors should be cautious on unsolicited emails and SMS advising to buy, sell or hold securities and trade only on the basis of informed decision. Investors are advised to invest after conducting appropriate analysis of respective companies and not to blindly follow unfounded rumours, tips etc. Further, you are also requested to share your knowledge or evidence of systemic wrongdoing, potential frauds or unethical behaviour through the anonymous portal facility provided on BSE & NSE website.
· Awareness regarding guidelines on Margin collection
1. Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 1, 2020.
2. Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create pledge.
3. Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in cash market segment.
4. Investors may please refer to the Exchange's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide circular reference NSE/INSP/45191 dated July 31, 2020 and NSE/INSP/45534 dated August 31, 2020 and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard.
5. Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
Issued in the interest of Investors
NextBillion Technology Private Limited is a member of NSE & BSE with SEBI Registration no: INZ000208032, Depository Participant of CDSL Depository with SEBI Registration no: IN-DP-417-2019 and Mutual Fund distributor with AMFI Registration No: ARN-111686. Registered office and Correspondence office - No.11, 2nd floor, 80 FT Road, 4th Block, S.T Bed, Koramangala, Bengaluru – 560034. For any grievances related to Stock Broking/DP, please write to [email protected] , please ensure you carefully read the Risk Disclosure Document as prescribed by SEBI.
Procedure to file a complaint on SEBI SCORES: Register on the SCORES portal. Mandatory details for filing complaints on SCORES: Name, PAN, Address, Mobile Number, E-mail ID. Benefits: Effective Communication, Speedy redressal of the grievances.
NextBillion Technology Private Limited makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, on products offered through the platform. It accepts no liability for any damages or losses, however caused, in connection with the use of, or on the reliance of its product or related services. Unless otherwise specified, all returns, expense ratio, NAV, etc are historical and for illustrative purposes only. Future will vary greatly and depends on personal and market circumstances. The information provided by our blog is educational only and is not investment or tax advice.
Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read all scheme related documents carefully before investing. Past performance of the schemes is neither an indicator nor a guarantee of future performance.