Any new employee who is registered under the Employees Provident Fund Organization is automatically enrolled for the Employee’s Pension Scheme (EPS). Under this scheme, all members are eligible to opt for pension claims after retirement at the age of 58 years. However, an employee can also apply for a reduced pension after 50 years which is given at a discounted rate of 4% each year.
The member can apply for a monthly pension by filling up the EPF Form 10D online. The pension amount of an individual depends on the monthly pensionable salary and the total pensionable service. Let’s look at the overview of EPS Contribution, Pension from EPS, how to fill EPS Pension Form 10D to Claim your Pension from EPS.
Overview of EPFO Form 10 D from EPS
Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) offers pension on any permanent disablement, widow pension, and pension for nominees. In 1995, EPS took the place of the Family Pension Scheme (FPS) of 1971. According to which, when an employee joins an establishment covered under the Employees Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provision Act, 1952 (s)he becomes a member of the Employees Provident Fund Scheme (EPF) and Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) and can withdraw monthly pension after retirement by filling up EPF 10D.
How to Fill EPF Form 10D
First and foremost, form 10D EPF can only be filled offline and the member has to mention the following details in the form:
- By whom the pension is claimed
Under this field, the applicant has to mention any one of the following
- Dependent Parent
- Type of pension claimed
The following are the types of pensions that can be availed by the beneficiary:
- Superannuation Pension – Superannuation pension can be claimed for the monthly pension after the retirement at the age of 58 years
- Reduced Pension – Reduced pension is nothing but the monthly pension at a discounted rate of 4% per annum which can be claimed from the age of 50 years.
- Disablement Pension – Disablement pension can be claimed as early monthly pension amount in case of permanent and total disablement
- Widow and Children’s Pension – Widow and Children’s pension can be claimed for the monthly pension for the wife and children after the death of the member.
- Orphan Pension –Orphan pension can be claimed for monthly pension benefits for the surviving sons/daughters of the deceased employee up to 25 years of age.
- Nominee Pension – Nominee pension can be claimed for the monthly pension to the nominee declared after the death of the employee in case there are no family members
- Dependent Parent – Monthly pension for dependent parents can be claimed in case the employee dies without a family (spouse and children) or a nominee.
- Member Details
In this field, you will be asked to fill in the following details:
- Member’s name
- Marital status
- Date of birth/age
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- EPF Account Details
- Establishment Code
- Member’s Account Number
- Name & address of the Establishment in which the member was last employed: Enter the name and address of the company you were working for prior to joining.
- Date of leaving the service (dd/mm/yyyy): Mention the last working day at your previous organization
- Reason for leaving the service: If total and permanent disablement was the reason for leaving service, then only the member is entitled to Disablement Pension. In all other cases, the actual reason for leaving service may be provided.
- Address for communication: Provide your address for any communication
8(a). In case of reduced pension (opted date for commencement of pension.): If the member has worked for less than 58 years and has not completed 58 years of age as on date of application and is ready for drawing a reduced pension, he/she needs to mention the pension start date.
- Option for commutation of 1/3 of Pension: Commutation is the option to receive the capital sum in one go instead of receiving a monthly pension for the rest of your life for a retiring employee. He.she can get nearly 30% of his pension corpus in one go and draw monthly pension from his remaining corpus
- Option for Return of Capital: Tick if you want to withdraw your entire pension amount in one go
- Mention nominee for Return of Capital: Mention the name of the nominee you wish to collect his/her pension in case of the member’s death.
- Particulars of Family: Mention the details of your family; in case of the member’s death, his/her family are entitled to the pension
- Date of the death of Member (if applicable) – This field is applicable only in case the member is not alive. In support of the date of death, a death certificate should be produced.
- Details of Bank Accounts Opened
- Name of the Bank
- Name of the Branch
- Full Postal Address/ Pin
- Detail of Scheme Certificate already in possession of the member, if any
If the Scheme Certificate is received, indicate:
- Scheme Certificate Control No
- Authority that issued the Scheme Certificate
- If the pension is being drawn under E.P.S, 1995, mention
- PPO number and
- Issuer RO/SRO
- Documents enclosed (Indicate as per the instructions.)
The applicant has to verify the details by signing the form and getting it signed by the employer too.
Filling of the form is quite a long process as EPF form 10D in PF online filling facility is not available.
There is a table in section 2 also which needs to be filled by the employer. The employer then has to submit the duly filled form enclosed with all the required documents to the EPFO regional office.
Who is Eligible to Claim Pension through EPF Form 10D
Any of the following can claim the pension:
- Widow or Widower
- Major or Orphan
- Dependent Parent
What are Documents Needed to be Enclosed with EPF Form 10D?
- Descriptive role of pensioner along with his/her specimen signature/Thumb impression (in duplicate) (The Form is enclosed with the Claim Form).
- Three Passport size photographs
- In case the employee has a permanent and total disability, he/she must undergo a complete medical examination before the Medical Board appointed by the EPFO. The relevant documents then have to be duly attached with the form.
- The establishment has to mandatorily mention the certificate and wage particulars of the member at the time of retirement/death.
- In case the establishment is closed and no authorized officer is appointed, the application has to be forwarded through anyone from the list of the magistrate, gazetted officer, bank manager or any other authorized officer as may be approved by the Commissioner.
Processing Time of the Application
The whole processing time for settling the pension to the beneficiary is completed within 30 days from the date of the application has been submitted. The claim form 10D for pension status, as you know will be settled within 30 days.
FAQs on EPS Pension Form 10D
Q1. How can the Form 10D application be transmitted?
The application needs to be transmitted through any of the following methods:
- Bank Managers
- Authorized Officials
- Gazetted Officer
- Magistrate’s List
Q2. Can anyone claim through the application Form 10?
No. Only EPF members, the widower or widow, orphan, guardian, nominee and the dependent parent.
Q3. What personal details will I need to provide?
You would have to provide your full name sex, marital status, DOB, and father’s or husband’s name.
Q4. What is the option for Commutation of 1/3 of pension?
A retired individual has the option to receive their capital amount in a lump sum, and they can get up to 30% of the pension corpus.
Q5. Do I need the employer approval with EPS Pension Form 10D?
Your employer needs to verify your details by signing the form.