Aadhar Udyog is an identification system that is similar to Aadhaar, but it is specifically for businesses. It consists of a 12-digit unique identification number. An MSME/SME can enjoy special Udyog Aadhar update benefits through subsidies to promote the growth of registered businesses.
With more than 42.5 million units and over 95% of the industrial establishments in the country, the Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) sector is the foundation of India’s economic growth. To facilitate the efforts of the sector, the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises launched the Udyog Aadhaar facility in September 2015. There are now over 87 lakh registrations for Aadhar Udyog across the country.
Udyog Aadhar Eligibility Criteria
The qualifying requirements for Udyog Aadhaar registration do not apply to all enterprises but to those classified as Micro, Small, or Medium enterprises. Take a look at the table below for the ministry’s qualifying requirements for investment in plant and machinery:
||Manufacture Sector Investment
||Service Sector Investment
|Up to ₹ 25 Lakhs
Up to ₹ 5 Crore
Up to ₹ 10 Crore
|Up to ₹ 10 Lakhs
Up to ₹ 2 Crores
Up to ₹ 5 Crores
Benefits of Aadhaar Udyog
Here are the several benefits of Udyog Aadhar:
- It helps to get a bank loan without a mortgage.
- It helps in the exemption of direct taxes.
- Provides lower interest rates.
- Helps to reimburse ISO certification
- Provides easier access to licences, approvals and other registrations.
- Subsidy on NSIC performance & Credit Ratings for those having MSME Registration.
Udyog Aadhar Registration Process
Udhyog Aadhar Registration may be completed by following the instructions below:
- Go to the Udhyog Aadhaar official website.
- Enter your Aadhaar card’s Aadhaar number and name.
- Select “Validate and Generate OTP.”
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered phone number.
- You will be sent to a new page where you must fill out the remaining information.
- Fill in the blanks with information such as your name, social category, gender, and so on.
- Indicate whether or not you are physically disabled.
- Enter the name of your company.
- Enter the type of organization shown in the image below.
- Enter the PAN Number.
- Enter the location of your plant as well as the official address.
- Enter the start date of the plant.
- Enter the information from your prior registration (if any).
- Enter your bank information as well as the IFSC code of the bank’s branch.
- Type in your registered mobile phone number.
- Enter the total number of employees.
- Fill in the blanks with the remaining information, such as major activity, NIC code, investment amount, DIC, and so on.
- Select the “Declaration” option.
- Press the “Submit” button.
- Once you have completed the submission, you will receive an OTP on your registered cellphone number.
- After validating the OTP, input the captcha code.
- An Aadhar acknowledgement number/reference number will be sent to your registered email address.
Documents Required for Udyog Aadhaar Registration
The submission of papers is not needed for the Udyog Aadhaar registration procedure. You must, however, maintain a few documents on hand since you will be asked to submit the information at the time of registration. The following papers can be found:
- Aadhaar Card
- Enrollment Number
- Voter ID
- Drivers License
- Employee ID
- Caste Certificate
How to Print Udyog Aadhar Certificate?
To print your Udyog Aadhaar registration certificate, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Visit https://udyamregistration.gov.in/UA/PrintAcknowledgement_Pub.aspx to print the Udyog Aadhar certificate.
- Enter your UAM number and the registered mobile number from your Aadhaar Udyog on this page.
- Then, press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once logged in, follow the system-generated steps to obtain your Udyog Aadhaar certificate in printed format.
What is UAM (Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum)?
The Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum or Udyam Aadhar, is the registration form on which the MSME verifies its existence and gives required information like the owner’s Aadhar data, bank account details, and so on.
Udyam Registration was launched in July 2020 to replace Aadhaar Udyog Registration. This initiative aimed to simplify the registration process for MSMEs and make it more user-friendly.
Udhyam Aadhar vs Udyog Aadhaar - What is the Difference?
The significant differences between udyog aadhar and udyam aadhar are based on the following points:
- For Udyog Aadhar registration, businesses are required to provide a significant amount of information to the government. But on the other hand, Udyam Aadhar Registration is a self-declaration process.
- The second difference between Aadhar Udyog and Udyam is that Udyog registration requires both PAN and Aadhar, but for Udyam registration, you just need an Aadhar card.
- Under Udyam registration, the applicant can register for only one firm. However, with Udyog Aadhaar, you can register multiple firms with one Aadhaar only.
- Another difference between Udyog Aadhar and Udyam is that the new Udyam certificates come with a QR code. This code lets people verify their certificates within seconds.