At least 15 companies went public in 2020 and more than Rs 25,000 crores were raised from the IPOs. Some IPOs like Happiest Minds, Chemcon Specialty, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders, Burger King and Mrs Bectors’ were subscribed more than 149 times.
Mrs Bectors’ signed off the year by being the highest subscribed IPO, 198 times.
At least 30 companies are expected to launch their IPOs this here. Read on to find out more on the upcoming IPOs in India in 2021.
In this article
- IPOs Listed in 2021
- Upcoming IPOs in 2021
IPOs Listed in 2021
||Issuing Company||Issue Price (Rs per share)||Listing Premium/Discount||Listing Date|
|1.||IRFC||Rs 26 per share||-4.23%||January 29|
|2.||Indigo Paints||Rs 1,490 per share||75%||February 2|
|3.||HFFC||Rs 518 per share||19%||February 3|
|4.||Stove Kraft||Rs 358 per share||21-29%||February 5|
|5.||Brookfield Reit||Rs 275 per share||Flat to 2.4%||February 16|
|6.||RailTel||Rs 94 per share||10-20%||February 26|
|7.||Nureca||Rs 400 per share||53-59%||February 25|
|8.||Heranba||Rs 627 per share||43.54%||March 5|
|9.||MTAR||Rs 575 per share||82-89%||March 15|
|10.||Easy Trip Planners(Ease My Trip)||Rs 187 per share||10-13%||March 19|
|11.||Anupam Rasayan||Rs 555 per share||– 3.6 to 6.3% (discount)||March 24|
|12.||Laxmi Organic||Rs 130 per share||20%||March 25|
|13.||Craftsman Automation||Rs 1,490 per share||-8 to10% (discount)||March 25|
|14.||Kalyan Jewellers||Rs 87 per share||-15% (discount)||March 26|
|15.||Nazara Tech||Rs 1,101 per share||80%||March 30|
|16.||Suryoday Small Finance Bank||Rs 305 per share||-3.9 to 4% (discount)||March 26|
|17.||Barbeque Nation||Rs 500 per share||-2% discount||April 7|
- Barbeque Nation lists at Rs 489.85 per share on the NSE. This is a 2.03% discount to its issue prie of Rs 500 per share.
- On the BSE, the share price listed at Rs 492, a discount of 1.6%.
- On the NSE, the shares of the company listed at Rs 1,990 per share which is an 80.7% premium over the issue price.
- On the BSE, it listed at Rs 1,971 per share, which is a 79.02% premium.
- The Nazara Technologies IPO was subscribed 175.46 times on day 3 of bidding.
Read More on Groww: Nazara Technologies Limited IPO
- The shares of Kalyan Jewellers listed at a 15% discount at Rs 73.95 per share compared to the issue price on the NSE.
- On the BSE, the share price listed at a discount of 15.6% to list at Rs 73.90 on the BSE.
Suryoday Small Finance Bank
- The shares of Suryoday Small Finance Bank listed at a 4.2% discount at Rs 292 per share on the NSE.
- The share price listed at Rs 293 on the BSE, a discount of 3.93%.
- The Rs 582.34-crore IPO was subscribed 2.37 times during March 17-19.
Read More on the IPO: Suryoday Small Finance Bank Ltd.
- Laxmi Organic listed at Rs 155.5 per share on the NSE, which is a 19.6% premium.
- On the NSE, the shares of the company listed at Rs 156.2 per share, a 20% premium.
- The issue price of Laxmi Organics is Rs 130 per share.
- The IPO was subscribed 106.79 times the reserved portion.
Read more on Groww: Laxmi Organic Industries Limited IPO (Laxmi Organic IPO)
- The shares of Craftsman Automation listed at Rs 1,350 per share on the BSE, a 9.6% discount from its issue price of Rs 1,490 per share.
- On the NSE it listed at Rs 1,359 per share, an 8.8% discount.
- The issue price of Craftsman Automation is Rs 1,490 per share.
- The Craftsman IPO was subscribed 3.81 times the reserved portion.
Read More on Groww: Craftsman Automation Ltd. IPO
- The shares of Anupam Rasayan at Rs 520 on the NSE which is a 6.3% discount to the issue price and at Rs 534.7 which is a 3.6% discount.
- The IPO was subscribed 44 times the reserved portion.
Read More on Groww: Anupam Rasayan IPO
Easy Trip Planners (Ease My Trip)
- The shares of the company listed at Rs 206 per share on the BSE which is a 10.16% premium to its issue price of Rs 187. On the NSE, the share price listed at a premium of 13.5% premium.
- The shares of MTAR Technologies listed at Rs Rs 1,050 per share on the National Stock Exchange (NSE). This is an 82.6% premium over its issue price of Rs 575 per share.
- On the BSE, the shares listed at Rs 1,082.25 per share, an 88.2% premium over its issue price.
Read more on Groww: MTAR Technologies Limited IPO
- The shares of Heranba Industries listed at a 43.54% premium on the exchanges today.
- The share price opened at Rs 900 on the National Stock Exchange as well as the BSE.
- The issue price was Rs 627 per share.
Read More on Groww: Heranba Industries Limited IPO
- The share price of Nureca listed at 58.74% premium on February 25. The stock opened at Rs 634.95 on the BSE, higher compared to the issue price of Rs 400 per share.
- On NSE, the share price listed at Rs 615 per share, which is a 53.75% premium.
- The stock hit an upper circuit on BSE at Rs 666.65 per share and on NSE at Rs 645.75 per share right after listing.
Read more on Groww: Nureca Ltd. IPO
- RailTel Corporation of India listed at a 15.96% premium on February 26.
- It listed at Rs 109 per share on the NSE.
- On the BSE, RailTel listed at an 11.28% premium to Rs 104.6 per share.
- The IPO was subscribed 42 times between February 16 and February 18.
Read more on Groww: RailTel IPO – RailTel Corporation of India Limited
- Brookfield’s Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) listed at Rs 281.7 per share, up 2.4% on NSE from its issue price of Rs 275 per share on February 16.
- On BSE the stock opened flat.
- The issue size of the IPO was Rs 3,800 crores and it was priced between Rs 274-275 per share.
- The IPO was open for bids between February 3 and 5 and was subscribed around 8 times on the final day of bidding.
Read more on Groww: Brookfield India REIT IPO
- The shares of Stove Kraft got listed at Rs 467 per share on the BSE on February 5. This is a premium of 21.3% over its issue price.
- On the NSE, the shares listed at Rs 498 per share, up 29.35% from the issue price.
- The issue price was Rs 385 per share. The share price ended 15.83% higher at Rs 445.95 per share on the NSE on listing day.
Read more on Groww: Stove Kraft IPO
Home First Finance Company
- The shares of Home First Finance Company listed at Rs 618 per share, which is a 19% premium to its issue price.
- The IPO was open for subscription between January 21 and 25.
- The HFFC IPO has been subscribed 26.65 times on the final day of bidding. The issue received bids for 41.64 crore shares against an offer size of 1.56 crore shares.
Read More About The IPO: Home First Finance Company (HFFC) IPO
- Indigo Paints listed at Rs 2,607.5 per share on the BSE which is a 75% premium over its issue price of Rs 1,490 per share.
- The IPO was open for subscription between January 20 and 22.
- The IPO was subscribed 117 times. The issue had received bids for 64.58 crore shares against its offer size of 55.18 lakh shares
Read more on Groww: Indigo Paints IPO
Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC)
- The shares of IRFC listed on January 29, at Rs 24.9 per share on the NSE, a discount of 4.23% to its issue price of Rs 26 per share.
- The IPO was subscribed around 3.45 times on the final day of bidding.
- The price band was Rs 25-26 shares and the market lot is 575 shares.
Read More About The IPO: IRFC IPO – Indian Railway Finance Corporation IPO
Upcoming IPOs in 2021
While we do not have a definitive list of IPOs for the year 2021, some reports suggest that around 30 companies are planning to raise more than Rs 30,000 crores from the markets.
Here are few companies that are expected to go public, or in other words, are expected to launch their IPOs in 2021. Most of these IPOs were to be launched in December 2020, but for reasons unknown have been postponed.
|IPO||Tentative Issue Size (in Rs Crores)*||Tentative Date*|
|Studds Accessories||450||February 2021|
|Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels||1,000||2021|
|Annai Infra Developers||200-250||2021|
|*Both, the issue size and date, is tentative and might vary once the issue goes live in the markets.|
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced in Union Budget 2021 that the Life Insurance Corporation of India’s (LIC) IPO will be completed in 2021.
- Issue size: Around Rs 70,000-80,000 crores.
- It has also been said that 10% of the issue size will be reserved for policy holders.
- Nykaa is looking at a stock exchange listing by the end of 2021 or early 2022 at a valuation of $3 billion. Recently Nykaa raised an undisclosed amount which valued the company at $1.8 billion approximately.
- The IPO size of the company is expected to be around Rs 5,450 crores, of which Rs 5,150 crores will be a fresh issue.
- The company has said that it is looking to acquire Lalitpur Power’s 1,980 MW from the proceeds of the IPO.
- The company is one of the largest private thermal generation companies.
Barbecue Nation Hospitality
- Barbecue Nation, which operates a chain of restaurants across many cities.
- Of the total issue size of Rs 1,000-1,200 crores, around Rs 275 crores will be a fresh issue.
- The IPO proceeds may be used for outstanding borrowings and corporate purposes.
- The company operates more than 130 outlets in India.
Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels
- The hotel chain may raise up to Rs 1,000 crores in its IPO.
- The IPO may comprise a fresh issue of up to Rs 400 crores and an offer-for-sale (OFS) of up to Rs 600 crores.
- The IPO size will be around Rs 500 crores, which will be a combination of an offer for sale and fresh issue.
- The company is based out of Kolkata.
Annai Infra Developers
- The IPO size is expected to be around Rs 200-250 crores.
- The company is an engineering, procurement and construction firm in the water management and irrigation segment specifically.
- The IPO size is around Rs 1,800-2000 crores.
- This comprises a fresh issue of Rs 1,100 crores.
- The company may be using the proceeds to pay off the indebtedness and for general corporate purposes.
- A few prominent hotels it is managing are Courtyard by Marriot in Bengaluru, few branches of Fairfield by Marriot in Bengaluru, Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam among others.
- The company is a manufacturer of helmets, motorcycle accessories and riding gears. Studds had begun its operations in 1973.
- The company’s managing director had said in an interview in August 2020 that the company has an approximate market share of around 30%, which it aims to scale to 40% in the next three years.
Highest Subscribed IPOs in 2020
The list mentioned above of prospective IPOs is subject to periodic revision as the information is not updated on the exchanges yet. Generally, when companies file their IPO application with Sebi, they have to submit their draft red herring prospectus (DRHP). Most of the above-mentioned companies have already done that or are in the process doing so. According to an estimate, 30 companies are expected to go public this year.
However, before investing in an IPO, read the pros and cons, risks and rewards, about the company and know if investing in that company is in line with your goals.
Investment in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing. Please read the Risk Disclosure documents carefully before investing in Equity Shares, Derivatives, Mutual fund, and/or other instruments traded on the Stock Exchanges. As investments are subject to market risks and price fluctuation risk, there is no assurance or guarantee that the investment objectives shall be achieved. NBT do not guarantee any assured returns on any investments. Past performance of securities/instruments is not indicative of their future performance.