A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a one-of-a-kind alphanumeric identifier that maintains a person's financial history. It can also be used as identification. As a result, having accurate information in the paper is critical. In PAN, a photo and signature are required.
It is necessary for verification when applying for a loan, credit card, investment, or another financial service. As a result, it is critical that you get your card's photo and signature updated so that you do not have any problems in the future.
PAN Card Photo Change
Follow these procedures to update the photo on your PAN card:
- Visit the NSDL's Official Website.
- Select 'Request for New PAN Card Or/And Changes Or Corrections in PAN Data' as the Application Type.
- Select 'Individual' as the Category.
- Enter your surname, mobile number, PAN number, email address, and birth date.
- Enter the Captcha code provided and press the 'Submit' button.
- For your application, a temporary token number will be assigned.
- Choose the method via which you wish to send your papers.
- Following that, select the checkbox in the column on the left under the section 'Photo Mismatch.' Only by checking the box can your photo be altered or updated.
- Remember to include information from your existing PAN card as well as confirmation of PAN allocation.
- You will then be asked to produce documentation, including a photograph. Submit the application form after you have all of the necessary documents and information.
- You will next be asked to make an Rs.101 payment. This can be accomplished by net banking, credit card, debit card, or demand draught.
- If you utilize net banking, you will be charged a payment gateway surcharge of Rs.4 + service tax.
- After you pay, your application will be forwarded for approval, and you will receive an email with an acknowledgment number.
PAN Card Signature Change Online
Changing your signature on your PAN card online is relatively straightforward and follows almost the same process as changing your PAN card's photograph.
You can make the PAN card sign change online by following these steps:
- Use the form under 'Request for New PAN Card Or/And Changes Or Corrections in PAN Data.'
- This form may be found on the NSDL website.
- Mention your current PAN number precisely.
- Fill out all of the fields denoted by an asterisk (*).
- Check the box next to the section 'Signature Mismatch' on the left-hand side margin.
- You will be required to produce your current PAN card, which bears the wrong signature.
- If you want to send the application and documents digitally, choose 'Yes.'
- You will be asked to upload the necessary proofs and your signature, either from your computer or through DigiLocker.
- Submit your application and make the necessary payment. Payment methods include credit cards, debit cards, net banking, and demand draught. If you utilize online banking, keep in mind that you will be charged an extra cost of Rs.4 + service tax (for payment gateway facility).
- You will get an email with an acknowledgment number after your payment has been verified. This number can be used to track the status of the Pan application.
How to Change Photo in PAN Card Offline
To change your PAN card photo offline, you must do the following:
- Fill out the online application form by following all of the steps outlined in the section under 'Changing Your Photo on Your PAN Card Online.'
- Under 'For Paperless PAN Application,' choose 'No.'
- Fill out the application form and send it in.
- Pay Rs.107 with net banking, credit card, debit card, or demand draught.
- The acknowledgment will subsequently be sent to you through email.
- Print the acknowledgment form and include two current images with it.
- Make sure the pic is 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm in size and has a white backdrop.
- It is not acceptable to staple or clip the photo to the form. The photograph should be put into the available slot.
- Signing across the image is not permitted.
- Send the printed acknowledgment form, together with any necessary document proofs, to:
- PAN Services Unit for Income Tax.
How to Change Signature in PAN Card Offline
To update the signature on your PAN card offline, you must first complete the online application form and follow the procedures outlined in the online application procedure.
After completing the application form, you must:
- Under the 'For Paperless PAN Application' column, choose 'No.'
- Fill out the application form and send it in.
- Make your payment.
- Print the acknowledgment form you will be sent via email.
- Make sure your signature or left thumbprint fits neatly inside the space given. It should not be across it or on the image you supply.
- Send this acknowledgment form, along with copies of the necessary documents and proof of PAN, to the following address:
- Income Tax PAN Services Unit.
To alter the photo and signature on a PAN card, an applicant must present the below-mentioned documents:
- ID proof, proof of birthday, and proof of address are all required.
- AADHAAR Proof (Copy of Aadhaar Card), if AADHAAR is mentioned.
- The photo on the PAN card should be 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm (132.28 pixels x 94.49 pixels).
- PAN Supplementary Documents Change Application request:
- - PAN verification - A copy of your PAN card or allocation letter
- - Proof of Change Photo of the applicant was requested (In case of change in photo)
Things to Remember Before the PAN Signature or Name Update
Aside from following all of the instructions above, keep the following in mind:
- Individuals should not use abbreviations in their first, middle, or last names.
- Companies, Partnerships, and Firms must include their entire name. For example, if the company's name is 'ABCD Private Limited,' provide this precise name in the last name/surname space on the application form.
- If there is no room in the first row, type your company, firm, or partnership name in the second row.
- In the company name, do not use any abbreviations or abbreviated forms.
- When requesting a change or adjustment to your PAN Card, you must submit your existing PAN Card along with other documentation.