While many companies had delayed their IPO plans due to the pandemic, in the last few months, there has been a constant flow of IPOs being launched. Next to join the list is the public issue by RailTel Corporation of India Limited. The opening date of the IPO is February 16, 2021, and the closing date is February 18, 2021. Here is all you need to know about the issue.
You can apply for RailTel IPO on Groww easily via UPI. Go to IPO. There you would be able to see the list of all open IPOs. Select RailTel IPO and click on ‘Apply’. You would be able to invest in this IPO from February 16, 2021.
In this article
- RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO Details
- RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO Tentative Timetable
- About the Company – RailTel Corporation of India Limited
- Q1. What is the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
- Q2. What are the open and close dates of the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
- Q3. What are the lot size and minimum order quantity of the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
- Q4. What are the allotment and listing dates of the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO Details
|IPO Date||February 16, 2021 to February 18, 2021|
|Issue Type||Book Built Issue IPO|
|Issue Size||87,153,369 Equity Shares of Rs.10 totaling up to Rs.819.24 Crore|
|Fresh Issue||87,153,369 Equity Shares of Rs.10 totaling up to Rs.819.24 Crore|
|Face Value||Rs.10 per equity share|
|IPO Price||Rs.93 to Rs.94 per equity share|
|Market Lot||155 shares|
|Min Order Quantity||155 shares|
|Listing At||BSE, NSE|
RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO Tentative Timetable
|Bid/Offer Launch date||February 16, 2021|
|Bid/Offer Last date||February 18, 2021|
|Basis of Allotment finalization date||February 23, 2021|
|Initiation of Refunds||February 24, 2021|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Acct||February 24, 2021|
|IPO Shares Listing Date||February 26, 2021|
About the Company – RailTel Corporation of India Limited
RailTel Corporation of India Limited is an Information and Communications Technology (ICT) infrastructure provider with the largest neutral telecom infrastructure in India. It is a Mini Ratna (Category I) Central Public Sector Enterprise that is wholly owned by the Government of India and run by the Ministry of Railways.
The company was established with the objective of modernizing the existing system for train control, operation, and safety, and to generate additional revenues by creating nationwide broadband and multimedia network by laying optical fiber cable by using the right of way along the railway tracks.
RailTel Corporation offers a wide range of services across various industries including:
Telecom Network Services – This includes:
- National Long Distance (NLD) services. The company offers leased line services and MPLS-based virtual private network (VPN) facilities.
- ISP services. The company offers internet-based line services with varying bandwidth options. It also offers broadband services to retail customers via its RailWire platform.
Telecom Infrastructure Services.
This includes power, storage, cooling, and physical security for networking equipment and servers of the company’s customers. It also connects them with various telecom network service providers.
RailTel also offers space on microwave towers for collocating base transceiver stations (BTS) for telecom operators, small cell sites for extending their mobile coverage, and space for collocating mobile switching centers. Lastly, it provides single-core dark fiber for transmission of digital video signals to multiple system operators for distributing cable.
Data Center and Managed Hosting Services – This includes:
- Data Center services like Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), dedicated hosting, cloud computing, disaster recovery services, managed e-office service, Aadhaar authentication service, and other IT-related services like load balancing, application hosting, and advanced firewall service, etc.
- Telepresence as a Service (TPaaS) where it offers a high-definition, end-to-end, secure, hosted multi tenant video conferencing facility bundled with required bandwidth as a service.
- Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) where its centralized security operations center offers consolidated cybersecurity incident prevention and security event monitoring services. It offers both onsite and offsite security services.
System Integration Services – This includes:
- ICT Hardware, Software, and Service System Integration
- Digital services like unified communications, Wi-Fi as a service, e-tendering/ e-auction/ smart payments, and disaster management services.
- Consultancy for ICT services
Objects of the Offer
RailTel Corporation of India Limited proposes to utilize the net proceeds from the fresh issue to carry out the disinvestment of equity shares and achieve the benefits of equity share listing on stock exchanges.
Q1. What is the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
The RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO is a Main Board IPO for the issue of 87,153,369 equity shares having the face value of Rs.10 totaling up to Rs.819.24 crores. The registrar for the IPO is KFintech Private Limited and the shares are proposed to be listed on the BSE and NSE.
Q2. What are the open and close dates of the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
The RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO opens on February 16, 2021, and closes on February 18, 2021.
Q3. What are the lot size and minimum order quantity of the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
The lot size for the RailTel IPO is 155 shares and the minimum order quantity is 155 shares.
Q4. What are the allotment and listing dates of the RailTel Corporation of India Limited IPO?
For the RailTel IPO, the allotment date is Feb 23 and the listing date is Feb 26. .
Investment in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing. Please read the Risk Disclosure documents carefully before investing in Equity Shares, Derivatives, Mutual fund, and/or other instruments traded on the Stock Exchanges. As investments are subject to market risks and price fluctuation risk, there is no assurance or guarantee that the investment objectives shall be achieved. NBT do not guarantee any assured returns on any investments. Past performance of securities/instruments is not indicative of their future performance.