Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman held a conference today at 2 PM.
In view of the coronavirus and its effects on the nation, certain measures have been announced to ease a nation dealing with lock-downs.
Many announcements were made. In this blog, we’re covering the points that are the most relevant to our readers.
- Finance Ministry is very close to announcing an economic package to deal with the economic impacts of the breakout of coronavirus.
- The last date for filing of income tax has been increased to 30th June.
- Last date for PAN-Aadhar linking extended till 30th June.
- Delayed deposit of TDS will now attract a 9% interest rate instead of 18%.
- Returns documents submission date extended till 30th June.
- Vivaad Se Vishvas Scheme extended till 30th June.
- Debit cardholders can withdraw cash from any bank’s ATMs without attracting any charges for the next 3 months.
- Savings bank account minimum balance fee waived off.
- Bank charges for all digital trade transactions for all trade finance consumers reduced.
- Last date for filing of GST for March, April, and May is now going to be 30th June.
The press release for this conference isn’t available yet. We will update this blog as we get more clarity of all the measures announced by the FM.