SBI Car Loan EMI Calculator – SBI Car Loan Calculator Online India
SBI is one of the most trusted financial institutions in India that has been extending financial assistance to its customers and has helped channelise savings for years.
In addition to offering facilities of deposit accounts, SBI also extends loans to its customers. It also offers them with tools like an SBI loan EMI calculators for offering their additional assistance.
An SBI car loan EMI calculator is one such tool that helps individuals calculate the amount they would have to pay each month against their car loan.
An SBI car loan calculator acts as a self-help tool and assists individuals to plan their monthly payments better and at the same time helps them analyse if such amount is affordable for them or not.
How Can SBI Card Loan EMI Calculator Prove Helpful?
SBI extends several car loan schemes, each of which caters to the specific requirements of the applicants.
- SBI New Car Loan Scheme can be availed to purchase a new car.
- SBI Combo Loan Scheme can be availed by a person who wants to purchase a two-wheeler and a four-wheeler both.
- SBI Certified Pre-Owned Car Loan can be availed by individuals who intend on purchasing a certified pre-owned car.
- Borrowers of SBI home loans can avail SBI Loyalty Car Loan Scheme.
- SBI Nano Youth Car Loan Scheme is tailor-made to promote Tata Nano cars among the youth of India and applies to them.
Each of these SBI car loan options can be availed for different tenure and is extended at a different rate of interest.
This being said, the tenure, loan amount and rate of interest tend to influence the EMI amount that individuals have to pay. For instance, borrowers have to pay a higher amount as EMI when they avail a loan with a shorter tenure.
The table below offers a glimpse of the same.
|Car loan amount||Tenure of a car loan||Rate of interest||EMI in Rs.|
|Rs. 5 Lakh||1 year||8.7%||43,656|
|Rs. 5 Lakh||4 years||8.7%||12,371|
|Rs. 10 Lakh||1 year||8.7%||87,312|
|Rs. 10 Lakh||4 years||8.7%||24,743|
|Rs. 15 Lakh||1 year||8.7%||130,969|
|Rs. 15 Lakh||4 year||8.7%||37,114|
To calculate their respective car loan EMI against their choice of loan option, individuals can use a car EMI calculator from SBI for a much hassle-free way experience.
The ease of using car EMI calculator from SBI proves helpful for individuals who do not like complex calculations. Additionally, it extends the following benefits –
- Helps calculate the exact EMI amount.
- Helps plan their repayments better.
- Assists to find an EMI amount that would be easier to repay.
- Helps avoid the errors that would usually occur during manual calculations.
- Is convenient to use on any device at any time.
How Does SBI Car Loan Calculator Work?
The SBI Car Loan EMI Calculator 2019 uses the below-mentioned formula to determine car loan EMI-
EMI = [P x R x (1+R) ^N] / [(1+R) ^N – 1]
In the said formula,
- ‘P’ stands for the principal amount or the loan amount.
- ‘R’ stands for the monthly rate of interest that is applicable.
- ‘N’ stands for the number of instalments.
It must be noted that the formula does not take into account the amount that was extended as pre-payment towards the amount received as SBI car loan.
The example below will help you understand how SBI car loan calculator works –
Mr J availed an SBI car loan of Rs. 5 Lakh at the rate of 8.7% p.a. for a term of 5 years.
By using the above formula,
EMI = [P x R x (1+R) ^N] / [(1+R) ^N – 1]
EMI= [500000 x 0.725% x (1+0.725%) ^ [(1+0.725%) ^ (60-1)]
EMI= Rs. 10,307
Advantages of Using Groww’s SBI Car Loan EMI Calculator In 2019
Individuals can avail several advantages by using Groww’s SBI Car Loan EMI calculator in 2019. A few of them are listed below –
- Complex calculations can be solved immediately.
- Fractional rate of interest would be calculated effortlessly to offers more accurate results.
- Helps decide a comfortable EMI and tenure of repayment.
- Allows several readjustments.
Therefore, before availing an SBI Car Loan, make sure to find out the most convenient EMI amount with the help of Groww’s SBI Car Loan EMI calculator at the earliest. It will ensure that you can plan your budget in a much effective way.
“Looking to invest? Open an account with Groww and start investing in direct Mutual Funds for free”
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can avail SBI Car Loans?
Both salaried and non-salaried individuals who are between 21 years to 65 years of age can avail SBI car loans.
What is the minimum EMI limit for SBI Car Loan?
The minimum EMI limit for SBI Car loan is Rs. 1,622 / Lakh. The amount paid as EMI is inclusive of both principal sum and interest amount.
What is the tenure for SBI Car Loan?
The maximum tenure for SBI car loans is 7 years.
Is there a penalty on the prepayment of SBI car loans?
No, there is no penalty charge on prepayment of such loans.