In this article
- Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator
- What is the Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator?
- Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator – Key Features
- How is Indian Bank Home Loan EMI Calculated?
- Which Factors influence Home Loan EMI?
- What are the Benefits of an Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator?
- Indian Bank Home Loan EMI Calculator – FAQs
Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator
Indian Bank, established in 1907, is one of the leading public sector financial institutions in India. After its merger with Allahabad Bank on 1st April 2020, it is India’s seventh-largest bank. Moreover, with more than 100 million customers vesting their trust in Indian Bank, it comes as no surprise that scores of aspiring homeowners turn to the lender for a housing loan. Among other financial products provided by the bank, the home loan is one of the popular ones.
However, availing of such a credit facility requires considerable financial planning. Otherwise, it may later saddle the borrower’s finances. Thus, prospective homeowners may opt to utilise the Indian Bank home loan calculator to chalk out their repayment plan for such a loan.
What is the Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator?
When a borrower avails a home loan, the financial institution pays off the amount in whole or in parts to the property seller or realtor. This individual then repays such loan in fixed monthly instalments over a chosen tenure, along with interest.
The Indian Bank home loan EMI calculator facilitates this instalment calculation. Individuals can enter the principal, tenure, and interest rate in this online tool to find out the EMIs they need to pay before availing a home loan from Indian Bank.
Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator – Key Features
- The lender provides the loan to both salaried and self-employed. Also, special rates offered to women, senior citizen and NRI borrowers.
- Individuals from 18 to 60 years can apply for a loan
- For security one can keep a mortgage of property that they are planning to purchase, renovate or construct.
- Loan to Value Ratio is 90%.
- The tenure of the home loan ranges from 5 to 20 years.
- Interest rates range from 7.55% to 7.85%.
- Indian Bank home loan EMI per lakh starts is Rs. 809 (starting price). However, one can calculate the home loan
- EMI anytime using the Indian Bank home loan calculator 2021.
- The processing fees charges is 0.23% of the loan amount (amounting to a maximum of Rs. 20,381)
How is Indian Bank Home Loan EMI Calculated?
Home loan EMI calculation requires three variables – the loan amount, rate of interest, and the repayment term. Individuals thus need to enter these variables into an Indian Bank housing loan EMI calculator to compute the monthly instalment amount. The formula used for EMI computation is –
EMI = [P x R x (1 + R)^n] / [(1 + R)^n-1]
In this expression, P stands for the principal or loan amount; R is the rate of interest divided by 12, and n denotes the tenure in months.
An example may provide further clarity into how the Indian Bank home loan calculator functions.
Ms Joshi is buying an apartment in Mumbai. To finance her purchase, she decides to avail a housing loan from Indian Bank, details of which are mentioned in the table below:
|Principal||Rs. 80 lakh|
|Tenure||25 years or 300 months|
|Rate of interest||9.5%|
As per the aforesaid formula, her EMI would be –[8000000 x 0.0079 x (1 + 0.0079)^300] / [(1 + 0.095)^ (300 – 1)]
Or, EMI = Rs. 69,896
Thus, Ms Joshi would need to pay Rs. 69,896 as EMI for her loan of Rs. 80 lakh over a period of 25 years.
Which Factors influence Home Loan EMI?
Three primary factors that carry weight in instalment calculation are:
The loan amount directly acts upon the EMI. When using the Indian Bank home loan calculator, individuals may note that the instalment amount goes up when they increase the principal amount and vice versa.
2. Repayment term
A longer tenure reduces the EMI amount but increases the cost of a loan. That’s because interest accrues over a more extended period. Conversely, a briefer tenure results in higher EMIs, but the total interest is lower.
3. Interest rate
A higher interest rate increases the total cost of a loan and vice versa. Resultantly, the monthly payout directly varies with a change in the rate of interest, which depends on the borrower’s credentials, like their credit score, income, etc.
What are the Benefits of an Indian Bank Home Loan Calculator?
A home loan calculator features several benefits for the user. A few of these are:
- Individuals can calculate the EMI amount within seconds using a loan calculator. Thus, it allows them to try out different variables, like adjusting the tenure, to reach an affordable instalment amount.
- Aspiring homeowners can learn the cost of loan they need to incur beforehand with this online tool.
- It is simple to use. Hence, even individuals with minimum technical know-how can utilise the Indian Bank housing loan calculator.
- Borrowers can plan their repayment efficiently with the calculator’s aid.
Availing a home is a significant responsibility. Thus, individuals shall ensure they have a sound repayment plan in place before committing to a housing credit facility.
Indian Bank Home Loan EMI Calculator – FAQs
Que. How to apply for an Indian Bank home loan?
Ans. One can go to the official Indian bank website or visit the nearest bank branch to apply for a housing loan.
Que. Who are eligible for a home loan?
Ans. Self-employed and salaried individuals can apply for an Indian Bank home loan.
Que. What is the loan to value ratio in home loans?
Ans. When you apply for a home loan, a portion of the property value is needed to be paid by the borrower as down payment to secure the loan, and the other portion is provided by the lender directly to the realtor of such property. This proportion is called the loan to ratio value.
Que. What is the tenure for repayment of Indian Bank home loans?
Ans. The repayment tenure for Indian Bank home loans goes up to a maximum of 20 years.