Maharatna company NTPC posted its Q4 FY22 results on May 20, 2022.
The company’s profit for the period was up 12.3% QoQ (Quarter on Quarter) to Rs 5,199 crore. On a YoY (Year on Year) basis, the profit for the period is up 11.8%.
The company’s revenue from operations is up 11.3% QoQ and on a YoY basis was up 23% to Rs 37,085 crore.
However, the company’s other income was down by nearly 60% YoY to Rs 639 crore.
More on NTPC Q4 Results 2022
NTPC’s operating margin in Q4 FY22 came in at 21.93%, down from 24.41% in the previous quarter, but up from 19.70% last year.
The company’s net profit margin came in at 14.02% in the quarter under review from 13.90% in the previous quarter, but down from 15.45% last year.
During Q4 FY22, NTPC paid an interim dividend off Rs 4.00 per equity share for the financial year. The Board of Directors has recommended final dividend of Rs 3.00 per equity share. The total dividend (including interim dividend) for FY22 is Rs 7.00 per equity share.
Highlights of NTPC Quarterly Results
- PAT up 12.3% QoQ, 11.8% YoY to Rs 5,199 crore
- Revenue from operations up 11.3% QoQ, 23% YoY to Rs 37,085 crore
- Other income up 30% QoQ to Rs 639 crore from Rs 491 crore in the previous quarter
- Earnings Per Share (EPS) up at Rs 5.33 from Rs 4.68 last year
Also Read: What is Earnings Per Share
- Power generation: Revenue up 47.3% YoY to Rs 8,356 crore in Q4 FY22
- Others: Revenue up 108.7% YoY to Rs 198 crore in Q4 FY22
Other things to know about NTPC
- The Company is executing a hydro power project in the state of Uttarakhand, where all the clearances were accorded. A case was filed in Hon’ble Supreme Court of India after the natural disaster in Uttarakhand in June 2013 to review whether the various existing and ongoing hydro projects have contributed to environmental degradation.
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on 7 May 2014, ordered that no further construction shall be undertaken in the projects under consideration until further orders, which included the said hydro project of the Company. In the proceedings, Hon’ble Supreme Court is examining to allow few projects which have all clearances which includes the project of the Company where the work has been stopped.
- The company’s P/E ratio is at 9.81 against the industry average of 31.69
- NTPC’s P/B ratio is at 1.11 against the industry average of 3.70
- The company’s dividend yield is at 4.16% against the industry average of 1.18%.