Groww Logo
Home>Blog>News>HUL Q4 Results 2022

HUL Q4 Results 2022

24 May 2022

Hindustan Unilever, one of India’s largest and leading FMCG companies declared its Q4FY22 result on April 27,2022. 

HUL’s net profit rose 8% from Rs. 2,134 crores to Rs. 2,327 crores Y-o-Y and around 3% Q-o-Q. Total segment revenue stood at Rs. 13,462 crores, rising 11% Q-o-Q

HUL’s EBITDA for the March quarter was Rs. 3,245 crore, up 10% over the previous quarter.

Home Care grew by 24 % across the board, led by excellent results in Fabric Wash and Household Care. Both categories climbed by double digits, with the portfolio as a whole doing well.

The company expects a difficult operating environment in the near future, with inflation affecting volumes and growth primarily driven by price. The rising input costs and the embargo on palm oil by Indonesia may lead to inflationary pressures, impacting the bottom line.

HUL proposed a dividend of Rs. 19 for March 2022 while the company’s final dividend for FY22 is Rs 34 per share. The script closed 0.37% lower on the indices at Rs. 2140 

HUL Q4 Results – Highlights 

  • For the quarter ending March, HUL’s net profit increased by 8%, from Rs. 2.134 crores to Rs. 2,327 crores.
  • For the quarter, the total segment revenue stood at Rs. 13,462 crores.
  • For the March quarter, HUL’s EBITDA was Rs. 3,245 crore, up 10% over the previous quarter.
  • For the fiscal year ending March 2022, HUL paid a financial dividend of Rs. 19 per share.
  • The company’s turnover jumped 11% YoY to Rs 50,336 crore in March 2022.
  • EPS is up at Rs 9.90 for the quarter under review from Rs 9.50 in the previous quarter and 9.12 in the year-ago period

HUL Results – Misses

  • The company expressed concern about rising inflation

Segment-wise revenue 

  1. Home care – revenue up 23.69% YoY to Rs 4,750 crores from Rs 3,840 crore in the year-ago period
  2. Beauty – Revenue up 3.5% YoY to Rs 4,712 crores 
  3. Food – Revenue up 5.3%YoY to Rs 3,698 crores from Rs 3,511 crore in the year-ago period
  4. Others – Revenue up 301.% YoY to Rs 302 crores 

Management talks

HUL CEO and Managing Director Sanjiv Mehta stated that in challenging circumstances, they have grown competitively and protected their business model by maintaining margins in a healthy range. He also added that HUL has become a Rs 50,000 crore turnover company in this fiscal. HUL’s consistent performance is reflective of its strategic clarity, the strength of its brands, operational excellence, and dynamic financial management of the business. 

Other things to know about HUL

  • HUL funds first-of-its-kind top academia-led holistic research in India
  • HUL becomes coal-free across its operations
  • Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) and HSBC India announced the launch of its 7th and biggest Suvidha Centre in Mumbai in partnership with the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC). 
  • HUL’s digitally advanced Dapada factory joins WEF’s prestigious Lighthouse Network
  • HUL has a market capitalization of Rs. 504,058 crores
  • Stock P/E sits at Rs. 57.1
  • ROCE and ROE are at 39.2% and 29.3% respectively

To read the RA disclaimer, please click here
Research Analyst: Bavadharini KS

Do you like this edition?
LEAVE A FEEDBACK
ⓒ 2016-2022 Groww. All rights reserved, Built with in India
MOST POPULAR ON GROWWVERSION - 2.4.0
STOCK MARKET INDICES:  S&P BSE SENSEX |  S&P BSE 100 |  NIFTY 100 |  NIFTY 50 |  NIFTY MIDCAP 100 |  NIFTY BANK |  NIFTY NEXT 50
MUTUAL FUNDS COMPANIES:  ICICI PRUDENTIAL |  HDFC |  NIPPON INDIA |  ADITYA BIRLA SUN LIFE |  SBI |  UTI |  FRANKLIN TEMPLETON |  KOTAK MAHINDRA |  IDFC |  DSP |  AXIS |  TATA |  L&T |  SUNDARAM |  PGIM |  INVESCO |  LIC |  JM FINANCIAL |  BARODA PIONEER |  CANARA ROBECO |  HSBC |  IDBI |  INDIABULLS |  MOTILAL OSWAL |  BNP PARIBAS |  MIRAE ASSET |  PRINCIPAL |  BOI AXA |  UNION KBC |  TAURUS |  EDELWEISS |  NAVI |  MAHINDRA |  QUANTUM |  PPFAS |  IIFL |  Quant |  SHRIRAM |  SAHARA |  ITI