Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (HDFC Ltd.) published its quarterly results on 2nd August 2021. The consolidated net profit for the company grew by 31% Year-On- Year (y-o-y) to Rs 5,311 crore. HDFC Ltd. has reported net profit at Rs 4,059 crore in the June quarter of 2020. On a standalone basis, however, net profit declined by 1.69% to Rs 3,000.67 crore compared with the reported net profit of Rs 3051.52 crore in the same quarter last year.
Consolidated revenue for HDFC Ltd grew 3.46% y-o-y to Rs 30,991 crore. On a sequential basis, the revenues were down 13.28% compared to Rs 35,738 crore reported in the March 2021 quarter.
The interest income declined by 2.48% y-o-y to Rs 10,523.36 crore in Q1 FY2022 compared with Rs 10,790.66 crore reported in Q1 FY2021. The Net Interest Income (NII), however, grew by 22.2% on a y-o-y basis and amounted to Rs 4,147 crore at the end of the quarter under review compared to Rs 3,392 crore last year. The boost in the NII was attributed to growth in business facilitated by digitization of processes for conducting business amidst the pandemic.
HDFC Limited reported a total income earning of Rs 11,663.14 crore and the Net Interest Margin (NIM) for the quarter came in at 3.7%. The gross non-performing loans stood at Rs 11,120 crore amounting to 2.24% of the overall loan portfolio of the company.
As of June 30, 2021, the assets under management (AUM) stood at Rs 5,74,136 crore as against Rs 5,31,186 crore in the previous year.
- 31% y-o-y growth in the consolidated net profit from Rs 4,059 crore to Rs 5,311 crore.
- 22% y-o-y increase in the Net Interest Income from Rs 3,392 crore to Rs 4,147 crore. Moreover, the NII rose by 2% on a q-o-q basis against Rs 4,064.8 crores last quarter.
- Growth of 181% y-o-y in the individual loan disbursement segment due to increased demand for home loans and affordable housing loans.
- Average loan ticket size was Rs 30.9 lakh compared to Rs 29.5 lakh last year.
- Growth in the Assets Under Management (AUM) on a y-o-y basis from Rs 5,31,186 crore to Rs 5,74,136 crore.
- The consolidated Profit After Tax (PAT) grew 31% y-o-y to Rs 5,311 crore.
- Individual loans grew by 14% and total loans of the company grew by 8%.
- Decline in the standalone net profit by 1.69% y-o-y to Rs 3,000.67 crore.
- Decline in the aggregate interest income by 2.48% y-o-y. The interest collected was recorded at Rs 10,523.36 crore compared to Rs 10,790.66 crores in the last year.
- Reduced total income of Rs 11,663.14 crore against Rs 13,019.29 crore last year.
- Gross NPA ratio increased to 2.24% within a quarter compared to 1.98% in the last quarter.
What’s In It For Investors?
HDFC Limited is one of the largest housing finance companies in the country in terms of lending. The company maintains a low ratio of NPAs and has switched to the digitized medium to boost business. Do talk to your investment advisor for complete guidance before investing.