Bajaj Finance, one of India’s leading NBFCs declared its quarterly results on April 26, 2022.
The company’s revenue from operations stood at Rs. 7,617 crores for the quarter ending March. Consolidated net profit impressed at Rs. 2,420 crores, up almost 80% year on year (Y-o-Y). This is the highest ever recorded consolidated net profit reported by the company.
The company’s assets under management (AUM) rose nearly 29% to nearly Rs. 1.97 lakh crores (including IPO financing receivables of nearly Rs. 5,365 crores) Y-o-Y. Net interest income for the quarter ending March 2022 stood at Rs. 6,068 crores, up by 30% from Rs. 4,659 crore Y-o-Y.
New loans booked displayed healthy growth, growing 15% at ~6.28 million against ~5.47 million Y-o-Y. Customer franchise was recorded at 57.57 million compared to 48.57 million, growing 19% on a yearly basis.
Bajaj Finance also declared a dividend of Rs. 20 per equity share for the financial year 2021-22.
The scrip closed at Rs. 7240, up by 3.36% on expectations of stellar Q4 performance.
- Consolidated net profit was recorded at Rs. 2420 crores, up a staggering 80%
- New loans booked grew by 15% to 6.28 million as against 5.47 million Y-o-Y
- Assets under management were recorded at Rs. 197,452 crore, up 29% yearly
- Customer franchise was published at 57.57 million, growing by 19% Y-o-Y
- Net interest income increased by 30% Y-o-Y to Rs. 6,068 crore
- Loan losses and provisions came down to Rs. 702 crore as against Rs. 1,231 crore last year.
- Gross NPA came at 1.60 against 1.79 last year.
- The company declared a Rs. 20 dividend per share
Bajaj Housing Finance Ltd.
- AUM rose by 37% to Rs. 53,322 crore from Rs. 38,871 crore Y-o-Y
- Net interest income for Q4 grew by 22% to Rs. 452 crore from Rs. 369 crore yearly
- Loan losses and provisions came at Rs. 38 crore against Rs. 30 crores in Q4 FY21.
- Profit after tax rose by 11% Rs. 198 crore from 179 crores yearly.
- Gross NPA and Net NPA stood at 0.31% and 0.14% respectively, as against 0.35% and 0.22% last year
Bajaj Financial Securities Limited (Bfinsec)
- Customers acquired during Q4 FY22 were approximately 62,000
- BFinsec’s customer franchise for the quarter-end was over 331,000
- Margin trade financing (MTF) book was recorded at Rs. 720 crore against Rs. 184 crore Y-o-Y
- Total Income for Q4 FY22 was Rs. 39 crore
- BFinsec’s profit after tax was 9 crore
Other things to know about Bajaj Finance
- Bajaj Finance has a market capitalization of roughly Rs. 4.38,000 crores
- The company’s P/E stands at 73.6 currently
- ROCE and ROE stood at 9.38% and 12.8% respectively
To read the RA disclaimer, please click here.
Research Analyst: Bavadharini KS