The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a valuable social security program. Individuals who participate in the Atal Pension Yojana must make monthly, quarterly, or semi-annual contributions to the Atal Pension Yojana Account, and after reaching the age of 60, a monthly pension is paid out based on the number of contributions made.
The amount of contribution paid is determined by the individual's age, frequency of payment, and the amount of monthly pension desired beyond the age of 60. Monthly pensions of Rs. 1,000, Rs. 2,000, Rs. 3,000, Rs. 4,000, and Rs. 5,000 are available under the scheme. Contributions rise in proportion to the individual's age.
Importance of the HDFC Atal Pension Yojana
The Atal Pension Yojana in HDFC Bank is intended for:
- Employees in the unorganized sector include housekeepers, gardeners, delivery people, and so on.
- Provides a sense of security by shielding individuals from the financial consequences of accidents, illness, and disease.
Prerequisites of the Atal Pension Yojana
- The first date of contribution determines the due date for future monthly contributions. For example, if an investor makes their initial investment on January 10th, the following due date is February 10th, and so on.
- Contributions can be made monthly, quarterly, or semi-annually, and the auto-debit instructions should be changed accordingly.
- Auto-debit mechanism - An investor must give his or her savings bank account information, mobile phone number, and an authorization letter providing the bank permission to deduct monthly contributions automatically.
- APY-linked bank accounts must be adequately funded to ensure that standing instructions for scheduled money transfers to APY are followed.
- To identify the subscriber, spouse, and nominee, an Aadhaar card must be supplied as the primary KYC document.
- Identification documents are required to avoid future conflicts over APY pension and corpus rights and privileges.
Atal Pension Yojana HDFC Online Enrollment
The Atal Pension Yojana Scheme HDFC Bank online application is a simple process that can be followed with these steps:
- Step 1: First, you will have to register with the internet banking of HDFC, and after that, you will have to log in to the HDFC portal with the new credentials.
- Step 2: After your login, you will have to locate the investments section in your account.
- Step 3: Once you have located the investments section, you will have to find - 'Atal Pension Yojana.'
- Step 4: You can now download the Atal Pension Yojana form and fill in all of the required details with the attached KYC documents.
- Step 5: Submit the form with the supporting documents, and within a period of a day, the Atal Pension Yojana account will be verified and created.
The Atal Pension Yojana in HDFC Bank can also be done in another way, which is an offline procedure. You can go to the HDFC bank where you hold an account, fill out the form, and submit the documents, and a bank representative can walk you through the process to get it done.
In most cases, when you hold an account with HDFC Bank, you will not have to follow a KYC process; the bank will collect the information needed from the bank account you hold with them.
Atal Pension Yojana HDFC Apply Online for Withdrawal
Here are the detailed steps for Atal Pension Yojana Online Apply HDFC withdrawal process:
- Step 1: You must go to the HDFC bank that holds the Atal Pension Yojana account. The closing form must be completed and returned.
- Step 2: After submitting the form, you must wait for all procedures to be completed.
- Step 3: Once the bank has finalized the closure, the money in the account, as well as the interest earned, will be transferred to the bank account that you specified. The bank will also send a notification.
Penalties of the Atal Pension Yojana in HDFC
Contributions to the Atal Pension Yojana must be made by requesting a bank auto-debit. If there is an insufficient account balance for successful auto debit, the following penalty is imposed:
- If the monthly contribution is less than Rs. 100, a penalty of Rs. 1 is levied.
- The penalty is Rs. 2 if the monthly payment is between Rs. 101 and Rs. 500.
- If your monthly payment is between Rs. 501 and Rs. 1000, the penalty is Rs. 5
- If the monthly contribution exceeds Rs. 1,001, the penalty is Rs. 10.