A mutual fund is an investment scheme that pools money from many investors which is further invested by a professional fund manager. The fund manager can invest this pooled money to purchase securities like stocks, bonds, gold, or any combination of these. Every mutual fund works around certain investment objectives and attempts to achieve the same. The fund manager plans the investment accordingly and allocates the asset between stocks and bonds. Combining all, these securities form the portfolio composition of the selected scheme.
How to choose a mutual fund that suits your financial objective?
The first and foremost step is to decide on how much risk you are willing to take and investment tenure. Once you decide this, you can easily select the best mutual fund for you. At Groww, you can select from different categories of mutual funds such as high return, tax saving, top companies, and much more.
How to invest in mutual funds?
There are two ways of investing in mutual funds - via a systematic investment plan (SIP) or investing through a one-time lump sum method. The primary difference between the two is in a lump sum you have to invest the whole amount in one go and in SIP, you can invest in a mutual fund at fixed intervals such as monthly SIP.
How to Invest in Mutual funds on Groww?
You can either use the website or download Groww mobile app to start investing in mutual funds on Groww.
How much time does it take to start investing in MF on Groww?
The account opening process is completely free and paperless at Groww. If you have all the necessary details in place, it takes just 2 minutes.
What is the commission charged by Groww on Mutual funds investment?
Groww charges a 0% commission on MF investment. You can freely choose from over 5000+ direct mutual funds and start your investing journey anytime.
Are mutual funds taxable? If yes, then what are the charges on withdrawals?
Yes. For tax purposes, mutual funds are segregated into equity-oriented and debt-oriented. If the investment made in equity-oriented Mutual Funds is for less than 12 months, you have to pay 15% tax on returns. For any duration exceeding that, you will have to pay 10% on gains exceeding ₹1 lakh. Furthermore, if a fund's exposure to stocks is less than 65%, capital gains will be as per your tax slab if the holding period is less than 36 months. If the holding period exceeds 3 years, capital gains are taxed at 20% after the indexation benefit.
How are returns earned in mutual funds?
Mutual funds offer returns to their investors’ returns in two forms - dividends and capital gains. Dividends are paid out when the company makes profits (if any). If the company has performed really well and is left with surplus cash, it may decide to share the same with investors in the form of dividends. Thus, dividends are rolled out to investors proportional to the number of mutual fund units held by them. A capital gain is the profit earned by investors in case the selling price of the security held by them is greater than the purchase price. Both dividends and capital gains from mutual funds are taxable.
Download Groww on your phone for the best investing experience
Groww is an investing platform where users can find the best mutual funds to invest in and can invest their money without any hassles. Groww provides objective evaluation of mutual funds and does not advice or recommend any mutual fund or portfolios. Investor shall invest with their own descretion. Groww does not guarantee any returns and safety of capital.
Groww helps investors in the following way
· By providing objective evaluation of products available on Groww
· By bringing up red flags, if any, involved in the products. However Groww does not guarantee to bring out all red flags
· By being transparent about fees and charges involved in investing in a product
· By clearly representing the risk associated with buying a product
SECURE TRANSACTIONS ON GROWW
All transactions on Groww are safe and secure. Users can invest through SIP or Lumpsum using Netbanking through all supported banks. It uses BSE Star MF (with Member code 11724) as transaction platform.
MUTUAL FUNDS SAHI HAI
Mutual fund investments are very popular with individual investors because of the benefits they provide. Among the many advantages, the most important factors that drive investors to mutual funds are that Investors can
- Start with any amount (as low as 500)
- Diversify across multiple stocks and other instruments like debt, gold etc.
- Start automated monthly investments (SIP)
- Invest without requiring to open DMAT account
All type of mutual funds are available on Groww.
INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUND PORTFOLIOS
Portfolio is collection of mutual funds designed to meet your investment goals. Investing in mutual fund portfolios helps you in diversifying your investments and reduces the risk. Portfolios also help you in assigning an investment goals and make it easy for you to save for and achieve your goals. You can create a portfolio yourself or ask an expert to build it for you.
1. For Stock Broking Transaction 'Prevent unauthorised transactions in your account --> Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day...Issued in the interest of Investors.
2. For Depository Transaction 'Prevent Unauthorized Transactions in your demat account --> Update your Mobile Number with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your Registered Mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your demat account directly from CDSL/NSDL on the same day...Issued in the interest of investors.
3. KYC is a one time exercise while dealing in securities markets - once KYC is done through a SEBI registered intermediary (Broker, DP, Mutual Fund etc.), you need not undergo the same process again when you approach another intermediary.
4. If you are subscribing to an IPO, there is no need to issue a cheque. Please write the Bank account number and sign the IPO application form to authorize your bank to make payment in case of allotment. In case of non allotment the funds will remain in your bank account.
· Investors should be cautious on unsolicited emails and SMS advising to buy, sell or hold securities and trade only on the basis of informed decision. Investors are advised to invest after conducting appropriate analysis of respective companies and not to blindly follow unfounded rumours, tips etc. Further, you are also requested to share your knowledge or evidence of systemic wrongdoing, potential frauds or unethical behaviour through the anonymous portal facility provided on BSE & NSE website.
· Awareness regarding guidelines on Margin collection
1. Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 1, 2020.
2. Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create pledge.
3. Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in cash market segment.
4. Investors may please refer to the Exchange's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide circular reference NSE/INSP/45191 dated July 31, 2020 and NSE/INSP/45534 dated August 31, 2020 and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard.
5. Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
Issued in the interest of Investors
NextBillion Technology Private Limited is a member of NSE & BSE with SEBI Registration no: INZ000301838, Depository Participant of CDSL Depository with SEBI Registration no: IN-DP-417-2019 and Mutual Fund distributor with AMFI Registration No: ARN-111686. Registered office and Correspondence office - No.11, 2nd floor, 80 FT Road, 4th Block, S.T Bed, Koramangala, Bengaluru – 560034. For any grievances related to Stock Broking/DP, please write to [email protected] , please ensure you carefully read the Risk Disclosure Document as prescribed by SEBI.
Procedure to file a complaint on SEBI SCORES: Register on the SCORES portal. Mandatory details for filing complaints on SCORES: Name, PAN, Address, Mobile Number, E-mail ID. Benefits: Effective Communication, Speedy redressal of the grievances.
NextBillion Technology Private Limited makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, on products offered through the platform. It accepts no liability for any damages or losses, however caused, in connection with the use of, or on the reliance of its product or related services. Unless otherwise specified, all returns, expense ratio, NAV, etc are historical and for illustrative purposes only. Future will vary greatly and depends on personal and market circumstances. The information provided by our blog is educational only and is not investment or tax advice.
Mutual fund investments are subject to market risks. Please read all scheme related documents carefully before investing. Past performance of the schemes is neither an indicator nor a guarantee of future performance.