Cadila Healthcare Ltd posted its quarterly earnings report for Q3 FY22 on February 3, 2022. They reported an 83% quarter on quarter (QoQ) fall in its consolidated profit after tax (PAT) to Rs 500 crore from Rs 3,002 crore in the previous quarter. On a year on year (YoY) basis, the company’s PAT saw a decline of 5% from Rs 527 crore in Q3 FY21. The company had received proceeds from the gain on disposal of discontinued operations in the previous quarter. It had accrued an additional Rs 2,500 crore as gains from the disposal of discontinued operations.
The company’s revenue from operations was down by 3.4% QoQ to Rs 3,655 crore from Rs 3,784 crore in the previous quarter while the revenue from operations was up 0.6% YoY from Rs 3,633 crore in the year ago period. The company’s EBITDA for the quarter under review came in at Rs 753 crore against Rs 861 crore in the previous quarter after taking a dip of 13% QoQ. On a YoY basis, the EBITDA was down 2% from Rs 767 crore in Q3 FY21. The EBITDA margin for the October-December quarter came in at 20.6%, down from 22.7% in the previous quarter and 21.1% in the year ago period.
The stock of Cadila Healthcare closed in the red at Rs 407.70 per share after taking a dip of 1.64% at the end of the intraday trading session after the company released its quarterly earnings report on February 3, 2022.
Hits of Cadila Healthcare Q3 Results 2022
- Revenue from operations up 0.6% YoY to Rs 3,655 crore from Rs 3,633 crore in the year ago period
- Other income up by 14% QoQ to Rs 60 crore from Rs 53 crore
- Total income up by 1.5% YoY to Rs 3,715 crore from Rs 3,660 crore in the year ago period
- Revenue from India consumer wellness business up 2% YoY, 1% QoQ to Rs 382 crore
- PAT for continuing operations down by 1% QoQ, 5% YoY to Rs 500 crore in the quarter under review
- Revenue from operations down 3.4% to Rs 3,655 crore from Rs 3,784 crore in the previous quarter
- Total income down by 3% QoQ to Rs 3,715 crore from Rs 3,838 crore in the previous quarter
- EPS down to Rs 4.89 from Rs 5.15 in the year ago period
- Revenue from India human formulations business down by 2% YoY, 11% QoQ to Rs 1,079 crore
- Revenue from emerging markets segment down 16% QoQ, 1% YoY to Rs 291 crore in the quarter under review
- Pharmaceuticals: Revenue up by 0.6% YoY to Rs 3,272 crore from Rs 3,251 crore in Q3 FY21
- Consumer products: Revenue up by 0.1% YoY to Rs 382 crore from Rs 381 crore in Q3 FY21
Other things to know about Cadila Healthcare
- Cadila Healthcare has received an order from the Government of India to supply 1 crore doses of the Covid vaccine. The company has already started the supplies of the vaccine to the Government of India against their order.
- Lancet has accepted our submission of the interim analysis of Phase III clinical trial results of ZyCov-D vaccine for publication.
- Cadila Healthcare has a P/E ratio of 19.89 against the industry average of 37.96 while its P/B ratio is at 2.84 against the industry average of 5.05. (as of February 3, 2022)
- Cadila’s dividend yield is at 0.84% against the industry average of 0.68%. (as of February 3, 2022)
To read the RA disclaimer, please click here.
RA: Bavadharini KS