Bajaj Auto, a major 2-wheeler manufacturer, posted its quarterly results for Q4 FY22 On April 27, 2022.
The company reported a 6.78% QoQ jump in its consolidated PAT which came in at Rs 1,526 crore during the March quarter of FY22. This was mainly due to an exceptional income of Rs 315 crore towards incentives receivable from the State Government of Maharashtra for the period April 2015 to March 2021. And Rs 31 crore receivable for the period April 2021 to March 2022.
On a YoY basis, the PAT decreased by 1.6% to Rs 1,526 crore.
Bajaj Auto’s revenue from operations reduced by 11.6% QoQ and 7.2% YoY to Rs 7,974 crore. This was largely due to both, sequential and a YoY decline in the company’s auto sales.
While EBITDA margin was down on a yearly basis, sequentially it improved to 17.5% in Q4 FY22 (from 15.6% in Q3 FY22). This was largely on account of the positive impact of price increase, favourable sales mix and improved US realisation
However, the company recommended a dividend of Rs 140 per share. And the total dividend payout would cost the company Rs 4,051 crore.
Bajaj Auto’s share closed in the green at Rs 3,905.65 per share after jumping 0.35% at the end of the intraday trading session on April 27, 2022 ahead of the company’s quarterly results.
Bajaj Auto Q4 Results 2022 – Hits
- PAT jumped 6.78% QoQ jump in its PAT which came in at Rs 1,526 crore for the quarter under review from Rs 1,429 crore in the previous quarter
- Earnings Per Share (EPS) up to Rs 52.8 in the quarter under review from Rs 49.4 in the year-ago period
Misses observed in Bajaj Auto Results
- Total income down by 11.8% QoQ, 6.9% YoY to rs 8,63 crore in the quarter under review
- Other income is largely flat on a YoY basis, down 17% QoQ to Rs 288 crore
- The company’s turnover down 7% YoY 8,264 crore from Rs 8,880 crore in the year-ago period
- Operating profit down 11% YoY to Rs 1,324 crore from Rs 1,490 in the corresponding quarter in the previous financial year
- EBITDA margin down to 17.5% from 18.1% in the year-ago period
- Revenue from automotive business down 7% YoY, 12.3% QoQ to Rs 7,990
- Earnings Per Share (EPS) down to Rs 52.8 in the quarter under review from Rs 53.6 in the year-ago period
- Automotive: Revenue down 7% YoY to Rs 7,990 crore
- Investments: Revenue down 3.54% YoY to Rs 272 crore
Segment-wise sales volume
- Domestic sales down 27% YoY to 3,89,155 units from 5,34,119 units in the year-ago period
- Exports down 8% YoY to 5,87,496 units from 6,35,545 units in the year-ago period
Other things to know about Bajaj Auto
- Bajaj Auto’s P/E ratio is at 23.19 against the industry average of 835.81.
- The company’s P/B ratio is at 4.13 against the industry average of 6.19.
- Bajaj Auto’s dividend yield is at 3.60% against the industry average of 0.50%