Most private sector employees are entitled to receive post-retirement benefits if they function in the organised sector. Note that government employees are additionally eligible for pensions unlike their private sector counterparts. Employee Provident Fund was set up after the EPF Act was passed in the Parliament. Under the law, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation of India (or EFPO) controls the funds deposited by both the employee and employer in a permanent account, affixed by an UAN or Unique Account Number. An EPF calculator can help you estimate your savings appropriately.
The PF calculator uses proprietary technology to fetch the correct sum every time you input data. Provident Fund acts as a guarantee for future prosperity or loss of employment, and is of great use for future financial decision-making.
How can an EPF calculator help you?
Once you start using our PF calculator in India, you can easily track where your hard-earned money is being stored, and how much interest it has accumulated.
Here are some interesting advantages of using an EPF calculator online.
- You do not have to manually calculate your total contributions each time.
- We assure that our PF calculator online works correctly on every occasion.
- You do not have to worry if the interest rates or contribution ratios vary over a period. The EPF calculator will automatically take into account the alteration.
- Finally, whenever you use our EPFO calculator, you are automatically informed of any recent transactions, contributions and changes, if any. For example, the current rate of interest on EPF is 8.65%. If it changes during the financial year due to any new legislation, you will be notified once you log in.
The formula to determine EPF amount
When you use Groww’s EPF calculator in India, you are assured of quality and reliability. This is the data you should keep in handy before you use the calculator.
|Your basic monthly salary including Dearness Allowance (DA)|
|Your contribution to the EPF|
|Your employer’s contribution|
|Your retirement age (Including VRS, if you have such plans.)|
|Your current EPF balance|
|Current EPF interest rate|
How to use Groww’s EPF calculator?
It is very easy to access and use our EPF calculator. Just input the values and the result will be generated within seconds.
Step 1: Enter your basic salary and your age
Step 2: As soon as you input the values, the employer’s contribution ( EPS+EPF), total interest earned and total maturity amount will be reflected in the results.
What are the advantages of Groww’s PF account calculator?
Groww offers you a number of choices with many different calculators, a list of which you can see below. All of our calculators are free to use. They are regularly updated to avoid any glitches.
“Looking to invest? Open an account with Groww and start investing in direct Mutual Funds for free”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Is the EPF calculator free to use?
Yes, all of our calculators are free to use.
- How many times can I use the online EPF calculator?
There is no fixed upper cap on the number of times you can use the service. You can use it as many times as necessary.
- Can I use the same calculator even after I change my job?
Even if you shift to a new job, the UAN stays the same. It is fixed and unchangeable. Thus, you can use the same EPF calculator.
- What happens if the depositor rates- from either my end or my employer’s- changes?
In that case, you will need to modify the value you put in when using the EPF calculator.
- When can I withdraw the money from my EPF account?
You can only withdraw the money for personal purposes:
- After you have completed 7 years of service
- Only thrice during the EPF account’s duration.
Note that you cannot withdraw more than 50% of your personal contribution.