Steel Authority of India Limited, SAIL, posted its Q4 FY22 results on May 24, 2022.
The company’s net profit for the period was up 62% QoQ (Quarter on Quarter) to Rs 2,478 crore in the quarter under review from Rs 1,528 crore in the previous quarter. However, on a YoY (Year on Year) basis, the net profit for the period was down 28.5%
The company’s revenue from operations was up 21.8% QoQ to Rs 30,758 crore. And the revenue from operations was up 32% YoY.
More on Q4
Correspondingly, the company’s total income was up 22.7% QoQ to Rs 31,175 crore in the quarter under review. The same was up 32.4% YoY.
On a YoY basis, SAIL’s expenses were up a whopping 48.7% to Rs 28,005 crore from Rs 18,829 crore last year. This translated into the company’s topline taking a dip on a YoY basis. This was largely due to the cost of material almost doubling on account of steel prices in the international market soaring over the last few months.
The Board of Directors has recommended the Final Dividend of Rs. 2.25 per equity share of Rs. 10 each for the Financial Year 2021-22.
Check SAIL Stock Performance here: Steel Authority of India Ltd
- Net profit for the period was up 62% QoQ (Quarter on Quarter) to Rs 2,478 crore
- Revenue from operations was up 21.8% QoQ, 32% YoY to Rs 30,758 crore
- Other income up 175% QoQ and 67.7% YoY to Rs 416 crore in Q4 FY22
- Net worth up at Rs 52,017 crore from Rs 50,515 crore
- Earnings Per Share (EPS) up at Rs 6.00 from Rs 3.70 in the previous quarter
- Operating margin up to 15.55% in the quarter under review from 14.50 in the previous quarter
- Net profit margin up at 7.86% from 5.72 in the previous quarter
- Bhilai Steel Plant: Revenue up 29.3% YoY to Rs 8,521 crore
- Durgapur Steel Plant: Revenue up 33.4% YoY to Rs 3,670 crore f
- Rourkela Steel Plant: Revenue up 19.1% YoY to Rs 7,643 crore f
- Bokaro Steel Plant: Revenue up 26.4% YoY to Rs 8,243 crore
- IISCO Steel Plant: Revenue up 33.5% YoY to Rs 3,956 crore
- Alloy Steels Plant: Revenue up 29.4% YoY to Rs 242 crore
- Salem Steel Plant: Revenue up 39.4% YoY to Rs 757 crore
- Visvesvaraya Iron and Steel Plant: Revenue up 46% YoY to Rs 111 crore
- Others: Revenue up 18.9% YoY to Rs 434 crore
Other things to know about SAIL
- The company’s P/E ratio is at 7.36 against the industry average of 15.43
- SAIL’s P/B ratio is at 0.67 against the industry average of 2.85
- The company’s dividend yield is at 3.79% against the industry average of 2.24%
To read the RA disclaimer, please click here
Research Analyst: Bavadharini KS