Which are the best credit cards to kee in India? Many people, especially the salaried ones ask this question.
The truth is, there really is no single credit card that is best suited to everybody. Every credit card is different and offers different kinds of benefits.
In this article
7 Best Credit Cards to Keep in India
The below are some of the best credit cards to keep in India.
1. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
This is the best-suited credit card for salaried people (Government or private). There is no annual fees or joining fees if you want to apply for this credit card. It is an overall credit card with best offers possible and also best for the people who have applied for a credit card for the first time.
There is an option of upgrading this credit card to Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card if you would want to do it at a later stage. But the upgrade will be approved only on the basis of your credit usage and salary.
Benefits of Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
- If you do the transaction within 60 days, then you receive 1000 rewards points.
- 5x rewards point on spending Rs 150 on fuel and dining.
- 1x rewards points if the spending is done on all other categories.
- Enjoy 20% cashback on Uber rides.
- Registering for online banking fetches you extra 500 rewards points.
- A number of discounts and offers across shopping, dining, travel and more.
(To know more about Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card, click here.
2. ICICI Instant Platinum Card
If your credit card score is less, then you probably should go for an ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card. It is the best for students, non-salaried people, and housewives.
If you have a savings account with ICICI bank then getting an approval for this credit card against fixed deposit becomes very easy.
The annual fee for this credit card is nil. You need to keep in mind that approval rate isn’t good if you don’t have fixed deposit with the bank.
Benefits of ICICI Instant Platinum Card
- You get 2 PAYBACK points for every Rs 100 spent.
- Their Culinary Treats program offers minimum 15% discount on dining at over 800 restaurants.
- At bookmyshow.com you gets Rs 100 off on upto 2 tickets per month.
- If the minimum transaction of Rs 4000 is done on fuels at HPCL pumps, then you can avail 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver.
- Earn interests on fixed deposits and have low interest rate credit cards @ 2.49% per month.
To know more about ICICI Instant Platinum Card, click here.
3. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
It comes with an annual fee of Rs 999, which can be waived off.
The most attracting point of this credit card is that it gives 5% cashback on the expenses relating groceries. It is best suited for salaried people whose expenses is 1 Lakh to 2 Lakh per annum.
All the grocery stores aren’t included but supermarkets like Big Bazaar, More, Spencers etc. are included. It is recommended to the people who spend most of their money on grocery shopping and online shopping and would want to save on their monthly expenses.
Benefits of Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- 5% cashback on the expenses made on supermarkets and departmental stores (Maximum up to Rs 500 per month).
- 3x rewards points on all the other expenses made.
- A number of discounts and offers on most lifestyle stores and hotels.
- Enjoy 20% cashback on Uber rides.
To know more about Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card, click here.
4. Citibank Cashback Credit Card
It’s a good credit card if you make a lot of payments online and book a lot of movie tickets.
An annual fee of Rs 500 is charged if you apply for Citibank Cashback Credit Card. To get this credit card it’s important that you have a good credit history.
Benefits of Citibank Cashback Credit Card
- Movie tickets purchases have 5% cashback
- Telephone bill payments have 5% cashback
- Utility bill payments made online through Citibank Online Bill Pay also fetches 5% cashback.
- 5% Cash Back on all other spends.
- Exclusive offers and discounts on dining and shopping.
To know more about Citibank cashback Credit Card, click here.
5. Indian Oil Titanium Citibank Credit Card
This is the best credit card for someone who commutes to office using his/her car or for someone who refills his car twice a month.
You have a lot of benefits if you get the petrol refilled in your car through IndianOil fuel stations in India.
There is no annual fee on this credit card, however if you do not spend Rs 30,000 per annum then you will have to pay Rs 1000 as an annual fee.
- At IndianOil fuel pumps, you get 4 Turbo points for every Rs 150 spent on purchasing fuel. (Here 1 Turbo point is equal to Rs 1)
- On every Rs 150 spent on groceries and supermarket you get 2 turbo points. (Approved list of supermarkets)
- 1 Turbo point on shopping, dining, etc. for every Rs 150 spent.
- Full fuel surcharge on fuel purchased is waived off.
To know more about Indian Oil Titanium Citibank Credit Card, click here.
6. HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card
This is another credit card just like the Indian oil credit card from HDFC, you can save a lot of money on fuel by redeeming the reward points. Also, there is no annual fee on this credit card and there is an add-on facility which allows you to get additional 3 credit cards for spouses, children, parents, etc.
Benefits of HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card
- With every Rs 150 spent, you receive 2 reward points.
- If you report the bank after losing the card within 24 hours, then after that there is no liability on you.
- There is a fuel surcharge waiver of 2.5% on fuel consumption.
- You can avail up to 50 days interest free from the purchase date.
To know more about HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card, click here.
7. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
It is best suited for people who love online shopping and also who are salaried people.
The people having a salary account with SBI get the credit card easily. It’s important to have good credit history score if you are planning to apply for this credit card.
The annual fee for this credit card is Rs 499, which will be waived off if the annual spending exceeds Rs 1,00,000.
They have tie-ups with online stores which makes it even more useful for the customers who prefer online shopping.
- On joining, you receive Rs 500 Amazon gift card for free.
- On an online transaction with Amazon, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, Lenskart, Bookmyshow, UrbanClap, you get rewards points of 10X.
- On any other online shopping site, you earn 5X rewards points.
- Annual online spends of Rs 1 lakhs fetches you an e-voucher of Cleartrip for Rs 2000.
- For each fuel transactions between Rs 500 to Rs 3000, 1% fuel surcharge is waived off.
To know more about SBI Simply Click Credit Card, click here.
Disclaimer: The views expressed here are of the author and do not reflect those of Groww.