In this article
What is Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is an initiative by the Government of India to provide every citizen with a house. Launched in the year 2015, the initiative was divided into two sections, that of urban and rural. The initiative aims to complete 2 crore houses by the year 2022 and has made quite a remarkable progress towards that result.
Essentially, PMAY as a scheme offers a subsidised rate of interest on loans availed by eligible individuals to build their houses. While not owning a house is a compulsory criterion for applicants, there are a few other criteria which determine the subsidy a borrower is eligible for. Based on the total income generated by a family, there are quite a few earning groups who can apply for this scheme. After successful completion of the application procedure, they need to check the PMAY list of beneficiaries to confirm whether their application has been accepted.
Eligible Income Groups for Beneficiary Selection
Before moving on how to check different beneficiary lists under this scheme, borrowers must check the list of individuals eligible for this subsidy. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list of beneficiaries are mentioned below, including different income groups and other eligible groups. Applicants should note that it is not a list of eligibility criteria.
- Individuals belonging to scheduled castes.
- Individuals belonging to scheduled tribes.
- Women, irrespective of their caste.
- Families belonging to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) with total income not exceeding Rs. 3 Lakh.
- Families belonging to Low Income Group (LIG) with total income not exceeding Rs. 6 Lakh.
- Families belonging to both the Middle-Income Groups (MIG I & II). Here, the total income under Category I cannot exceed Rs. 12 Lakh while that of Category II cannot exceed Rs. 18 Lakh.
Income generated by the whole family is taken into consideration by the Government of India while deciding the subsidy an applicant is eligible for. Furthermore, the rate of subsidy offered to applicants is also decided as per the economic group they are a part of.
List of Completions under PMAY Initiative by the Government of India
The list of houses completed in urban areas is particular to the cities where this initiative has been majorly implemented. While it is best to refer to PMAY (Urban)’s official website and check this list city-wise, the progress in rural areas has been more streamlined. The PMAY list mentioned below showcases the overall progress in every state across the country.
|Jammu & Kashmir||1,01,704||21,190||20.83%|
|Andaman & Nicobar||1,372||273||19.9%|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||7,605||411||5.4%|
|Daman and Diu||15||13||86.67%|
How to Check PMAY Urban List?
Divided into 2 segments, the procedure to check Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020 list for urban beneficiaries is different from its rural counterpart. The steps to check the urban list is explained below.
Step 1 – To check if they are selected in the PMAY list 2020, applicants should visit the official website of PMAY.
Step 2 – After clicking on the option marked ‘Search Beneficiary’, they need to select the ‘Search by name’ option.
Step 3 – While applicants can search by entering their full name, they can also enter the first three letters and initiate the search.
Step 4 – Once the PMAY list with the name of beneficiaries and other details is generated, applicants should check it in detail.
How to Check PMAY Rural List?
Individuals can also check the Pradhanmantri Awas Yojna list for rural beneficiaries with the registration number. In the absence of this number, they can then opt for an alternative too.
- With registration number
Every applicant for PMAY Rural receives a registration number when his/her application is accepted. The most convenient method of checking Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019 new list by using this registration number is explained below.
- Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) to check the list of beneficiaries.
- Entered the registration number in the portal to access the list.
- Only beneficiaries who have their name on the PMAY list will have access to further details.
In case an applicant does not have his/her name on the list of beneficiaries, they will be informed of the same.
- Without registration number
In case an applicant does not have access to his/her registration number or has lost it, an alternate method of checking the list of beneficiaries can be opted for. Following the steps mentioned below an applicant can check the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020 list.
- Start with visiting the official website of PMAY (Gramin).
- Instead of using the option to enter the registration number, opt for the ‘Advanced Search’ tab.
- Meticulously fill in the form displayed on the screen. Once all the details are filled, click on the ‘search’ option.
- Next, applicants who have their name on the PMAY list will have access to further details. Applicants who have not been selected as a beneficiary will be informed of the same.
Eligibility Criteria to Qualify for the PMAY Scheme
Potential applicants hoping to be on the PMAY list of beneficiaries must know all the eligibility and document requirements for this Government initiative. Along with the qualification for different income groups, the additional eligibility criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana are as follows.
- The applicants must be Indian citizens.
- They should not own any house or property in India. Furthermore, no family member should owe a brick and mortar house either.
- Individuals who are purchasing or constructing their house can apply for this scheme. This initiative is not applicable for renovation or other purposes.
- Applicants should not have benefited from any other Government housing initiative.
The different documents which must be presented by applicants hoping to be on the PMAY list 2020 are also mentioned below. This list is the same for every applicant, irrespective of whether it is for the urban or the rural segment.
- Government-issued photo identity proof like Voter ID Card, Aadhaar Card, driving license, passport, etc.
- Address proof which can be included in the above-mentioned documents. In case the residential address is not the same as the current address, documents like electricity bill, telephone bill, etc. can be used to substantiate the current address.
- PAN card of the applicant.
- For individuals who are employed, income proof which includes 6 months of financial account statements, ITR, etc. must be presented.
- For self-employed individuals hoping to be on the Pradhanmantri Awas Yojna list, company registration certificate or trade license along with statements of 3 months of their financial accounts are mandatory. Furthermore, they must also present the ITR of the last 2 years.
- Proof of property that is being purchased or constructed.
It is essential that every applicant checks all these eligibility criteria and arrange their documents beforehand. It effectively increases their chance to be on the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019 new list.
- Is the PMAY list of beneficiaries decided by the Central Government, or by the respective state governments?
The Central Government of India decides the PMAY list of beneficiaries.
- Can I apply for a loan to the financial institution of my choice if I am on the PMAY list?
You can apply for a loan to any of the financial institutions that are listed under PMAY if you have been selected as a beneficiary under the scheme.
- Is there any limit to the size of houses that can be constructed by individuals on PMAY list?
Individuals on the PMAY list can construct a house of any size, though depending on their yearly income they are eligible for subsidy up to specific carpet areas.