In this article
- Jeevan Pramaan – Eligibility, Certificate & Registration Process
Jeevan Pramaan – Eligibility, Certificate & Registration Process
To encourage financial independence after retirement, the Government introduced various sponsored pension schemes to help individuals build a retirement corpus. But to avail such pension, individuals need to furnish Life Certificate to the institution that is authorized to disburse pension into their account. Such a life certificate serves as proof of their existence for receiving a pension.
Earlier the process of availing a life certificate or appearing before the pension disbursement agency was lengthy and cumbersome, especially for the old and ailing.
To eliminate the hassles that come with pension disbursement, the government of India digitized the entire process through Digital Life Certificate or as known in India Jeevan Pramaan Patra.
What is Jeevan Pramaan Certificate?
Jeevan Pramaan Certificate is the Digital Life Certificate of The Government of India’s Pension Scheme. It is Aaadhar based digital service for pensioners that are supported by the biometric authentication system and is an additional facility of submitting Life Certificate for pensioners. It operates to streamline the process of availing a Life Certificate and make it quick and hassle-free.
Benefit From It?
Individuals who avail pension from the state government, central government or other governmental organization would be benefitted from this digitized facility. The certificate is recognized under the IT Act and eliminates the need to appear before a Pension Disbursement agency to prove their existence.
Eligibility for Jeevan Pramaan?
Anyone who fulfills the following conditions are eligible to obtain Jeevan Pramaan Patra –
- Applicants should be pensioners.
- Applicants should be a retired employee of the Central or State Government.
- Applicants must possess a valid Aadhaar card.
- Applicants’ Aadhaar number must be registered with their respective pension disbursement agency.
Advantages Of the Jeevan Pramaan Certificate?
The benefits of Jeevan Pramaan certificate are as follows –
- Jeevan Pramaan eases the process of submitting Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners.
- The feature of Aadhaar Biometric Authentication System eliminates the scope of fraudulent pertaining to pension.
- The SMS notification keeps a Jeevan Pramaan pensioner updated about certificate generation.
- The entire authentication process and accessing Jeevan Pramaan online is easy and feasible.
- The ease of accessing life certificate online further accelerates the task of processing pension and directly extends timely pay-outs to Jeevan Pramaan pensioners.
How to Enrol For Jeevan Pramaan Certificate?
Individuals can enroll for Jeevan Pramaan Certificate by downloading either a Mobile application or a PC application.
As an alternative option, individuals may visit a Jeevan Pramaan centre that is near them and get themselves registered on the spot. Several banks, Government offices and CSCs, serve as Jeevan Pramaan centres.
Individuals are required to provide essential information like Aaadhar details, bank name, account number, pension payment order number and registered mobile number.
Registration Process For Jeevan Pramaan?
Individuals are to follow these steps to register for the digital certificate –
- Click on ‘New Registration’ on Jeevan Pramaan app.
- Provide the requisite details pertaining to their Aadhaar card, pension order, and bank.
- Select ‘Send OTP’ option to generate OTP on their mobile number.
- After entering the OTP, individuals need to authenticate details via biometric verification using Aadhaar card.
On submission, the details offered would be verified by UIDAI and a Jeevan Pramaan ID would be generated post-registration.
How is Jeevan Pramaan Certificate Generated?
Individuals need to login to their Jeevan Pramaan app with the help of their Pramaan ID and OTP to generate their Jeevan Pramaan life certificate for pensioners.
By selecting ‘Generate Jeevan Pramaan’ option and providing essential Aadhaar details along with would mobile number, individuals are required to generate an OTP through ‘Generate OTP’ option.
After entering the OTP and submitting essential details like –
- Name of the pensioner
- PPO number
- Pension type
- Name of the sanctioning authority
- Name of the sanctioning agency
- Agency Name and email ID
- Marital and employment status
Individuals would be required to select ‘No Objection’ option and offer their biometrics. Once everything is authenticated, Jeevan Pramaan would be displayed on their device, and a confirmation message would be sent to their mobile number containing their Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID.
How To Access Jeevan Pramaan Online?
Individuals can access Jeevan Pramaan Online by visiting the official website of Jeevan Praman. By providing their Aadhar number or Jeevan Pramaan ID, individuals can download a copy of Life Certificate for Pensioners in the PDF format.
How Does Jeevan Pramaan Patra Work?
Jeevan Pramaan certificate being a digitized initiative eliminates the need for pensioners to be physically present at a certification authority or disbursement agency. It uses the Aadhaar platform to flag off the process of generating the Digital Life Certificate after their authentication process is a success. Since individuals need to provide their biometrics either in the form of fingerprint or iris and avail an authentication, this process is both secure and hassle-free.
Once the authentication is completed, pension disbursing agencies can directly access a pensioner’s Life Certificate at the Life Certificate Repository, where it was initially stored after the completion of the process. Individuals will receive an acknowledgment in the form of an SMS on their mobile number. The SMS would include their Jeevan Pramaan Certificate ID.
Since Jeevan Pramaan Life Certificate is saved in ‘Life Certificate Repository’, both pensioners and their respective pension disbursing agency can access it easily at any point of time from anywhere. Jeevan Pramaan pensioners can also avail the facility to get their life certificate delivered to their pension disbursement agency without any manual intervention. Additionally, they can use the ‘centre locator’ on the Jeevan Pramaan website to locate a centre that is nearest to them.