Common Services Centers (CSC) are portals that give residents in rural and distant regions of the country information on various companies and e-governance. The full name of a CSC facility is Common Service Center or Jan Seva Kendra. CSC is an Indian network that is striving to make India a completely digital nation. The CSC 2.0 Scheme was launched in August 2015 to increase access to technology and digital services for residents in the country’s rural and remote locations.
Objectives of the CSC Digital Seva Portal
- In India, reach out to 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats.
- Citizens should have access to safe and accurate information.
- All necessary services are provided at a single location in villages.
- Provide regular folks with cost-effective and high-quality services.
- Promotion of the government’s social and welfare programs.
- Create new rural employment and encourage rural entrepreneurship.
Digital Seva Portal Registration
To begin the registration procedure, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria, document list, and basic infrastructure requirements, as well as the computer system required to run a CSC center in your village area as a VLE (Village Level Entrepreneur).
- Visit the CSC’s official website at csc.gov.in.
- Click on CSC Registration, as seen in the figure below.
- Now that you’ve arrived at https://register.csc.gov.in, click on the button that says Click here to Register under VLE Registration.
- You are now at https://register.csc.gov.in/register/. Select CSC VLE and input your mobile number, email address, and confirm it.
- Fill in your name, date of birth, gender, authentication type, and Captcha Text before clicking the Submit button.
- Fill out all of the needed information in the several phases of the thorough application form (personal details, submit your photo, location details- latitude and longitude using a map, banking details, your address information, etc.) and carefully read the terms and conditions.
- Examine all of the information you’ve entered so far and click the Submit button to register. Following that, you will be given an Application form reference ID. Save it for later use in the application process.
- After completing all seven steps, you will get an acknowledgment email to your registered email address.
- Last but not least, in the CSC Registration procedure, you must print the application form copy that was mailed to you and send it to the District Manager of CSC nearest to you, together with self-attested copies of your papers (passbook/canceled cheque, pan card, id proof, photo, address proof).
After evaluating your CSC registration application form for a month or two, you will be able to utilize your digital Seva portal to provide services to the general public.
You may now monitor the progress of your registration once you have completed it. We’ve put up a list of procedures to check the progress of your CSC application form.
- To check your status, go to https://register.csc.gov.in/register/status.
- Enter the Application Reference Number that you received in the mail after completing the registration procedure successfully. Fill out the Captcha and press the SUBMIT button.
- You will now view the status of your application.
If your application is approved, check your CSC Digital Seva Portal login credentials by clicking on the My Account area.
Digital Seva Portal Login
If you have received your CSC login id and password via your registered email address. Now find out how to access the Digital Seva Portal and begin your shared service center.
- Please go to https://digitalseva.csc.gov.in.
- Click the Login button.
- Now, enter your username, email address, and password and click Sign In.
- You will be given access to the CSC Digital Seva Portal’s Dashboard.
You are now using it to provide different e-governance services to ordinary citizens.
Services of Digital Seva Portal
|Swacch Bharat:||The Swacch Bharat Abhiyan, launched by the Government of India in 2014, aims to clean India’s infrastructure, roads, and streets. In 2016, the Ministry of Urban Development collaborated with CSCs to allow online applications to be made for the construction of individual household toilets across India.|
|PAN:||CSCs can handle new PAN Card applications. To handle the applications, the centers worked with the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITSL).|
|Aadhaar:||CSC SPV became a UIDAI Registrar in January 2013. CSCs can complete Aadhaar Authentication/e-KYC Service Agency (ASA/KSA) for insurance firms, Grameen banks, national banks, state government offices, and federal government departments.|
|E-District:||Several E-District initiatives have been established to provide residents with government services through CSCs. Aside from being conveniently accessible, the services provided by several departments are coordinated by a single CSC.|
|Election:||The Electoral Commission of India has collaborated with the Common Service Centres Special Purpose Vehicle to address data inaccuracies and enhance registration in order to ensure smooth elections (CSC SPV). Several electoral registration forms are made available through CSCs with the assistance of the CSC SPV.|
|Passport:||The partnership between the Ministry of External Affairs and the CSC SPV guarantees that different passport-related services are available at CSCs around the country. The full passport application procedure may be performed online with the assistance of Passport Seva.|
|Bharat Billpay:||The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) established Bharat BillPay, which is managed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). You will be able to pay your water, gas, DTH, landline, internet, mobile, and power bills using the payment portal. The system has been safe and dependable since its inception by the RBI.|
FAQs on CSC Digital Seva Portal
Q1. How does the digital Seva portal work?
Following a successful sign-in, you may recharge your mobile phone, fill out an online application form for birth and death certificates, and much more, as detailed in the Digital Seva portal dashboard. To provide services, you will charge residents a fee. Let’s look at an example to demonstrate how it works.
You wish to recharge a customer’s phone utilizing your digital Seva dashboard; there is a wallet system that has to be refilled. When you recharge a mobile phone, the money will be taken from your wallet, keeping your commission intact, and you will get the full amount from the client.
Q2. What is a CSC center?
CSC is an abbreviation for Common Service Center. It is a location where a VLE operates and offers services to individuals through the digital Seva site.
Q3. How to get my digital Seva ID and password?
To obtain a digital Seva id and password, you must first register on csc.gov.in. If you wish to register.
Q4. What is the CSC reference number?
When you fill out the online application form for the new CSC Digital Seva Center. To follow the status of your application, you can obtain an Application Reference Number. After completing the registration procedure, you will get it through email to your registered email address.
Q5. What is CSC Customer care?
If you need assistance from the CSC Digital Seva team, you may call them at Toll-Free No – 1800 121 3468 or email them at [email protected] You can also call them at 011-24301349. 180030003468 is the CSC Helpline number. Working hours: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. VLEs can file a complaint at helpdesk.csc.gov.in.