Retiring comfortably is not an impossibility if you know how to invest and save wisely. To know how much return of investments you will be able to gain, you need the services of a retirement calculator. Remember that planning for the future is a mixture of both fiscal and investment prudence.
Retirement planning is essential for every citizen and especially for salaried and self-employed. Groww has a benchmarked retirement planning calculator which is at par with the best in the business.
How does Groww’s Retirement Calculator help you?
A retirement calculator in India is beneficial for several reasons such as:
- It helps you calculate how much you need to save each month to retire with a large sum at the end of one’s professional career.
- A retirement benefits calculator also helps you determine the precise investment opportunities which you must take advantage of.
- Compare the various retirement options and plans that most competent financial organisations provide. Nowadays, even listed entities have their own retirement planning sections.
- A retirement savings calculator helps you identify the various retirement planning strategies which exist and helps you review and compare them too.
- If you have any high-value plans post-retirement, our calculator will help you save accordingly for such exigencies and planned spending sessions.
- Lastly, an online retirement calculator is useful when you are short on time and you need to take decisions on such important aspects as future investment options.
Calculating Retirement Benefits using Our Calculator
The calculator uses rules of compound interest to determine the total corpus you will be able to accumulate as per the investments made post-maturity.
These values are given below alongside figures provided for illustrative purposes –
|Total monthly expenses (in Rs)||Rs. 40,000|
|Your current age (in years)||30|
|Your retirement age (in years)||60|
|Average life expectancy (in India)||70|
|Average inflation rate every annum||3%|
|Existing investments for retirement (including EPF contributions)||Rs. 2,00,000|
The figures above are only for illustrative purposes.
According to our formula, the person still has 30 years more of gainful employment and savings plus 10 years more post-retirement. An outlook of requirements and savings post-retirement –
- You will need a total corpus of Rs. 58.18 Lakh for post-retirement.
- You will have to invest around Rs. 3,878 each month to reach the post-retirement figure.
How to use Groww’s Retirement Calculator?
All you have to do is input values in the designated slots and the calculated value will be displayed instantly.
Advantages of Groww’s Retirement Calculator
Like most reliable online retirement calculators, this Groww calculator is a specially designed financial tool to help you determine the precise sums you need to save each month. It will aid you in long-term investment planning too.
Here are some other advantages –
- Easy to use and reliable. Makes manual calculations unnecessary.
- Standardised formula to determine corpus required for a peaceful retirement.
- One-click solution.
“Looking to invest? Open an account with Groww and start investing in direct Mutual Funds for free”
Online Retirement Calculator – FAQs
- I work in a privately owned company. Should I have a private retirement plan?
Yes, anyone who plans to have a secure future and who is planning to have peace of mind after retiring from active service.
- What is the ideal amount I need to save for my future?
In India, both wholesale and retail inflation rates are rising while interest rates are falling. Thus, retirement fund kitties are rising. Most financial experts agree that a corpus of Rs. 1 Crore is enough. But it takes years to accumulate and investing wisely is necessary.
- What are some of the most recommended investment avenues?
Suggested investment options which ensure maximum returns include –
- Equity Mutual Funds
- National Pension System
- Atal Pension Yojana
- PPF, and
- The Stock Market.
Note that investing in Stocks need experience and know-how. You must not be misled by canny advisers who promise you the moon. Be wise financially.