The official GST website of the government is www.gst.gov.in, also known as the GST Portal. It helps taxpayers with a variety of programs, including getting GST registration, filing GST returns, applying for refunds, and canceling their GST registration.
The fact that the tax administration must rely heavily on technologies is an essential part of the GST regime. Taxpayers will no longer be expected to contact tax departments in person for reviews or to file applications or returns, despite the fact that facilitation centers are located across India.
Both correspondence, such as accepting, denying, or referring to applications, may be achieved via the GST portal. It provides the department’s notification and a window for taxpayers to respond to them.
Registration on GST Services Login Portal
Below given is the process to registering on the GST Portal and login
- Go to the GST official website and click on ‘Register Now’ under ‘GST Practitioners.’
- Select ‘New Registration’, after which you will be asked to provide the relevant details and documents.
- Once the details have been filled in, you will receive an OTP. Enter the received OTP into the asked box and click on proceed.
- Once the application is submitted, you will be given an acknowledgment number. The application will further be processed when assigned with a GST number, User ID, and password. You can use this to log in to GST.
GST Portal Login
For www.gst.gov.in, there are two kinds of login procedures. One is for returning tourists, and the other is for first-time visitors. Let’s take a closer look at both protocols:
For a Returning Tourist
Step 1 – Go to www.gst.gov.in or the GST portal and click on the ‘Login’ link in the top right corner of the website.
Step 2 – Tap on ‘Login’ after entering your email, password, and captcha code.
Step 3 – After the GST login, you’ll see your dashboard. You will see a list of the GST credits, the “FILE RETURNS” tab, the “PAY TAX” tab, Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO), notices/orders issued, and saving forms under the “FILE RETURNS” tab.
For a New User
Step 1 – On the GST Home page, click the Login icon in the top right-hand corner.
Step 2 – Click “First Time Login” if you are logging in for the first time.
Step 3 – Enter the ID/UIN/GSTIN and password received on your email address, and type the given captcha, finally click on the option “Login.”
Step 4 – A new credentials page will be displayed. Enter your username and password. Reconfirm your password and click on the ‘submit’ option.
Step 5 – A success message will be displayed once the username and password have been created. You can hereafter make a GST login through these credentials.
Step 6 – When you first log in to the GST Portal, you’ll be asked to request bank account information through a non-core amendment application. Select “FILE AMENDMENT” from the drop-down menu.
Step 7 – The application type is shown for editing, and the non-core fields are editable. By pressing the “ADD NEW” button in the bank accounts tab, you can edit the specifics and apply the application.
Services to Avail on the GST Login Portal
To begin with, the services tab includes a connection to register for a new GST registration. If a person’s turnover exceeds Rs 20 lakh and he sells both products and services, he must apply for GST (Rs 10 lakh for NE and hill states). The capital for a sole supplier of products is Rs 40 lakh, subject to certain conditions.
The next tab you’ll come across is “Payments.” A challan can be created and paid by any GST registered taxpayer. There’s even a way to keep track of your progress.
- The Holiday List
- Generation of a User ID for an Unregistered User
- Locate a GST Practitioner
This choice allows the customer to keep track of the status of his refund submission.
e-Way Bill System
The e-way bill system tab will take you to the site for e-way bills. On the e-way bill portal, you can even find FAQs and the user manual. Filing Clarifications, GST Challan Development, Locating a GST Practitioner, and Tracking Refund Application Status Using the ARN Number are all included in this section.
Other Options on the GST Portal
- Offline Tools
- GST Statistics
- Search Taxpayer
- Taxpayer Facilities
- e-InvoiceAccording to the GST rule, the following persons must enroll under the taxation system’s regime:
- Important Dates
- Popular Help Topics
Government GST Portal FAQs
Q1. Who can register and log in for GST?
According to the GST rule, the following persons must enroll under the taxation system’s regime:
- Individuals that were already enrolled under various taxation schemes (e.g., VAT, Excise Duty, Service Tax, etc.) prior to the implementation of GST.
- Each and every e-commerce aggregator.
- Businesses with an annual turnover of more than Rs.40 lakh all over India.
- Businesses with annual revenue of more than Rs.10 lakh in North-Eastern India, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand, and Himachal Pradesh.
- Distributors of input services.
- Suppliers’ agents.
- A person who pays taxes on a regular basis.
- A taxpayer who is not a resident of the United States.
- Individuals that pay taxes by the reverse charge system, for example.
Q2. How to download the GST certificate without login?
Without signing in, you won’t be able to update your GST certificate. To view and download the GST license, one must first log in to the GST portal.
Q3. How to reset the password after GST registration?
Yes, after registering on the GST portal, you can reset your password. You would use the same procedure for modifying the user name.
Q4. What to do if my GST account gets locked?
If your GST account is closed, you can reset the password by following the on-screen instructions. Once the password has been changed, you can log in to your GST portal with the new password.
Q5. Can I log in to the Government GST portal through TRN?
Yes, you can use your Temporary Reference Number, or TRN, to access your GST portal.