The EPFO’s UAN helpdesk is an online support center that assists staff and employers with EPF-related resources. The UAN helpdesk can be reached at 1800 118 005. During working hours, employers and staff can contact the UAN helpdesk for assistance with EPF issues.
What is UAN?
The UAN (Universal Account Number) is a 12-digit number assigned by the Employee Provident Fund Organization to each Employee Provident Fund member (EPFO). This UAN will serve as a single point of contact for multiple ‘Member Ids’ (PF Account Numbers) assigned to the same individual (Employee or EPF Account holder). Mobile numbers and passwords are needed to access the UAN portal.
Various Components of UAN Helpdesk
UAN Helpdesk Toll-Free Number
You should contact EPFO’s customer service representatives at their UAN Helpdesk number, which is toll-free; 1800 118 005, if you have any complaints about your EPF UAN.
UAN Helpdesk Email
Queries can be written to the officials on the EPFO helpdesk portal through the email id; [email protected]
UAN Profile Update
To make changes to your personal contact number and more details, visit the UAN Online Helpdesk Portal.
UAN Mobile Number
To change the mobile number of a UAN the following needs to be followed.
- Use your UAN and password to access the EPF portal.
- Go to the top menu’s ‘Manage’ tab and choose ‘Contact Details.’
- Select the alternative that allows you to update your phone number.
- Fill in the appropriate fields with your new phone number.
- Select ‘Get Authorization Pin’ from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on ‘Save Changes’ after entering the OTP sent to your new mobile number.
Date of Birth Correction
To edit the date of birth on the EPF portal, these steps can be followed.
- Please use this connection to access the EPF Portal.
- Fill in your details, including your UAN, password, and captcha.
- Click on ‘Manage’ and then ‘Modify Basic Details’ after signing in.
- On the next tab, fill in the information you wish to change and press the ‘Update’ button on the right side of the page.
- The next page will show a note stating that the employer’s approval is pending.
- You may now contact the boss to request that he or she accept the changes. EPFO will then accept the modifications, and you will get notice of the same.
Documents Required for UAN-KYC
It’s critical to complete the KYC for your UAN in order to eliminate employees’ reliance on their previous employers as they transition to a new company. The KYC information is linked to the employee’s assigned UAN, allowing for the continuation of just one PF account per employee.
- Bank Account Number
- Driving License
- Election Card/Voter ID
- Ration Card
- National Population Register
The UAN Helpdesk Provides Assistance in:
- Figuring out the UAN
- Personal details rectification
- UAN Passbook issues
- SMS not received during UAN activation
- Details do not match when joined to a new job
- The employer does not approve the KYC document uploaded by the employee
How to File Grievances to the UAN Helpdesk?
|Online Grievance Filing||EPFO maintains a dedicated website for member grievances. This page’s URL is epfigms.gov.in. This website is where you can file a complaint. UAN is needed to receive some response from the device. You will be sent a registration number until your case has been resolved.|
|Through Post and Email||Posts and emails can be sent to the concerned office of EPFO or the head office. RPFC’s looking after the customer service duties will ensure that these are entered into EPFiGMS by the officials and a prompt reply is sent.|
|In-Person||A personal approach to the PRO in the facilitation center of any office of the EPFO can be made.
|Through Direct Numbers of the EPFO Officers||It can also be done by dialing each officer’s direct number. The direct phone numbers for EPFO’s Delhi headquarters and zonal offices have been made public. You will find the phone numbers for each of the officers involved. This system, however, might not be effective. It’s possible that not every officer would cooperate. You’ll probably notice that their phone is ringing. It can never be seen as a final resort.|
|Bahvishya Nidhi Adalats||It is another way of resolving EPF related problems. All field offices of EPF conduct the Adalat to sort out the grievances of the EPF members. The “Bhavishya Nidhi Adalats” is held on the 10th of every month unless the 10th is a holiday, in which case they are held the next working day. Area publications also report on it.|
UAN Helpdesk – FAQs
Q1. What is the UAN toll-free number?
The UAN toll-free customer care number is 1800 118 005
Q2. is UAN confidential?
Employees are assigned a special number called a UAN by their employers. If his KYC records are checked, an employer may authenticate his employee using his UAN. As a result, the UAN is a crucial number that must be kept private and safe.
Q3. How can UANs can an individual have?
According to the law, each employee is only allowed to have one UAN. It is illegal to have more than one UAN on purpose.
Q4. Can I find my UAN details online?
Yes, under the ‘Manage’ section in the top menu bar, you can conveniently edit your personal, email, and simple info on the EPFO portal.
Q5. Can an employee create a UAN?
An employee who does not have a UAN can create it on the EPFO portal using their identification proof, or can even contact the UAN Helpdesk for employees.