The Kanya Sumangala Yojana is an innovative monetary benefit scheme that has an aim towards uplifting girl children in the State of Uttar Pradesh. The scheme offers monetary assistance under Kanya Sumangala Yojana 2021 to the guardians or parents of two girl children in one family. The scheme was launched on 25th October 2019, at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
In this article
Key Features of the Scheme
- This is the flagship scheme for families with girl children.
- Those with girl children will get Rs. 15,000 as part of this scheme.
- The scheme emphasizes providing financial support to girl children along with helping UP girls finish their education successfully.
- It also aims to eliminate any female foeticide and establish equality in terms of the sex ratio along with helping in the development of positive thinking.
- This scheme has won laurels for its commitment towards supporting girl children at various stages in their lives. It also helps low-income families educate their daughters without any hitches.
Eligibility for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
Before you check out the modalities for Kanya Sumangala Yojana apply online, you should know more about the eligibility criteria for the same.
- The beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Only two daughters may benefit from the scheme in a single-family.
- The family income should not cross Rs. 3 lakh.
- Accounts can be opened within only 6 months of the girl’s child’s birth.
- Families who have adopted girls will also possess eligibility under this scheme.
- If there are twin girls in any family, then the third girl child will have eligibility for enrollment as well. This is another pioneering feature of the scheme since provisions are there for such scenarios too.
- Financially struggling families will have ample support for enabling their daughters to pursue their dreams and ambitions as well.
Key Benefits Under the Scheme
The beneficiary will be getting a total sum of Rs. 15,000 from the State Government of Uttar Pradesh. There are a total of six installments with equal amounts and these will be credited to the beneficiary girl child accordingly. Here is the payment distribution framework that you should keep in mind:
- Upon the birth of the girl child (has to be on/after 1st April 2015)- Rs. 2,000
- Post-vaccination of girl child in 1st year of birth- Rs. 1,000
- Upon admission of the child into the first standard- Rs. 2,000
- Upon admission of the girl child into the sixth standard- Rs. 2,000
- Upon admission of the girl child into the ninth standard- Rs. 3,000
- After the girl has passed the 10th/12th standards and got admission into Bachelor’s degree or Diploma Course- Rs. 5,000
Documents Needed for Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- Aadhar Card of Parents/Guardians
- Passbook and Banking Details
- Ration Card
- Annual Income Proof
- Certificate of Adoption in case of adopted girl children
- Passport size photographs of Girl Child and Parents
Make a note of these vital documents before your online application. You should upload proper documents and adhere to file size and other guidelines, especially for the images. Do check carefully before your submission.
How to Apply for Kanya Sumangala Yojana Online?
You can readily apply for Kanya Sumangala Yojana if you wish. Applications are taken online now and you can undertake Kanya Sumangala Yojana online registration seamlessly for opening your account.
- First, visit the official website and then click on Apply Here within the Citizen’s Service Portal.
- Existing users may enter password and login ID before signing in. New users should carefully read all terms and conditions before clicking on I Agree for signing up.
- Fill up the registration form before clicking on Send OTP for verification purposes. Upon the next page, you will have to complete verification via entering the OTP garnered on the mobile number.
- Login to the website after this by entering your password and ID. Fill up the registration form with all necessary details before clicking on Submit.
- Upload all documents required to complete the process successfully.
- The amount under this scheme will be released in multiple phases when girl children reach any specific milestone including vaccination, birth, admission to classes 1, 6, and 9, and also at graduation.
Other points that should be kept in mind
These are some of the key details under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana that you should keep in mind.
- The procedure for applying online is quite simple, to say the least.
- It only takes a few minutes of your time and you should make sure that all necessary documents are uploaded properly in order to minimize the time, effort, and hassles involved in the procedure.
- Do take a look at all key features and aspects of the scheme before applying online for the same.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana – FAQs
Que. Who is eligible for Kanya Sumangala Yojana?
Ans. As mentioned before, only those girl children born post 1st April 2019, will have eligibility for getting the entire amount.
Que. A girl born before 1st April 2019 is eligible for the scheme or not?
Ans. Girl children born before this date will also have eligibility for getting benefits under the scheme although they will get just a portion of the funds. For these girl children, the date will be the cut-off used for working out the accompanying levels. The amount will be directly transferred to the account of the beneficiary as well.
Que. What are the privileges of a girl child under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana?
Ans. Every girl child will receive a total sum of Rs. 15000 will be divided into installments and credited at accomplishing various milestones.
Que. What is the key objective of the scheme?
Ans. This scheme has been formulated to inculcate a societal mindset that positively works to encourage education and empowerment of girl children above all else, along with fostering more respect for the mother as well.
Que. What is the significance of the scheme?
Ans. This is a landmark scheme by the Uttar Pradesh State Government for helping families in the lower-income bracket concerning properly educating at least two of their daughters and helping them pursue better opportunities for careers and higher education in the future.
Que. What is the positive impact of Kanya Sumangala Yojana?
Ans. This also incentivizes guardians and parents to encourage their daughters to continue their education despite financial difficulties since the State Government takes care of funds upon achieving various milestones.