PAN Card verification is a required and simple step that may be completed online. Online PAN Card verification is a feature that is accessible on specific government websites and may be completed provided you have all of the necessary information.
The Income Tax Department has authorized NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited to supply qualifying organizations that validate PAN Cards. PAN cards may be verified online using the e-Governance service.
PAN no Verification
You may also verify your PAN using only your PAN number by following the procedures outlined below:
- Log in to the NSDL website or the income tax e-filing website.
- Fill in the data, including your complete name and date of birth, as well as your PAN number.
- You must enter your PAN card status, such as person, firm, Hindu Undivided Family, and so on.
- After that, enter the captcha code provided by the portal and press the submit button.
- Your PAN card will then be shown, along with the verification status.
- Within 5 days after getting the acknowledgment, you must verify the verification status.
Verify PAN Number by Name and Date of Birth
You may also validate your PAN card by just providing your name and date of birth, which are used as credentials to access your card’s contents.
Here are the steps to verifying your card:
- Sign up for the NSDL’s e-governance website’s online service.
- Sign in using that information, then input your name and date of birth to have access to the data and your PAN card status.
PAN Card Number Verification with Aadhaar Number
The following is a step-by-step approach that must be followed for PAN Card Verification using Aadhaar Number:
- Visit https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home for further information.
- You will find the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under the ‘Quick Links’ section; click on it.
- On the following screen, click ‘Click Here’ to see if the process to link the Aadhaar and PAN has already been completed.
- After that, input your PAN and Aadhaar number. Select ‘View Link Aadhaar Status.’
- The information will be shown on the screen.
Verify PAN Details Issued by the Company
UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited is one of the country’s largest financial services companies. They are owned by the Government of India and provide financial technology to the government’s financial sectors. UTIISL, like NDSL, issues PAN cards to Indians who apply through their website.
To verify, go to the UTIISL PAN website and log in with your credentials. After that, you must pick the option to validate your PAN card by entering the necessary information. The results will subsequently be shown on the website.
Verification Under Section 194N
The following are the actions that must be taken to accomplish the Applicability Verification under Section 194N:
Step 1: Go to https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-FilingGS/Services/ViewReturnStatusLink.html?lang=eng and log in.
Step 2: Enter your PAN and cell phone number.
Step 3: Accept the terms and conditions by clicking the ‘Continue’ button.
Step 4: Complete the instructions on the following page to obtain information on the verification of application under Section 194N.
e-Verification of PAN Card
The following is the procedure that must be undertaken to e-verify your returns using the Aadhaar OTP:
Step 1: Go to https://portal.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html?lang=eng and sign in.
Step 2: Log in to your account by providing your PAN, password, and captcha information.
Step 3: Go to ‘My Account.’
Step 4: Select ‘e-verify return.’
Step 5: Next, choose the ‘I want to generate an Aadhaar OTP to e-verify my return’ option.
Step 6: A one-time password (OTP) will be provided to the registered cellphone phone.
Step 7: To finish the verification procedure, enter the OTP.
Eligibility of PAN Verification
A list of all persons and organizations that are eligible for PAN verification is provided below.
The PAN verification service is available to the following entities:
- RBI approved payment banks
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Stamp and Registration Department
- Reserve Bank of India
- Income Tax Projects
- Central and State Government Agencies
- Goods and Service Tax Network
- Commodity Exchanges/Stock Exchanges/Clearing Corporations
- Entities that must submit a Statement of Financial Transactions/Annual Information Return
- Companies that must file a Statement of Financial Transactions/Annual Information Return
- Regulatory Bodies that have founded educational institutions
- Central KYC Registry
- RBI approved credit information agencies
- Depository Participants
- Authorities who issue the DSC
- National Pension System’s Central Recordkeeping Agency
- Credit card institutions
- Mutual Funds
- Insurance Repository
- Insurance Company
- Housing Finance Companies
- RBI Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers
- RBI NBFCs
- SEBI Investment Advisor
Income Tax PAN Card Verification – FAQs
Q1. What are the documents needed for online PAN Verification?
The following are the documents that must be submitted:
- A letter of authorization on the company’s letterhead.
- The terms and conditions are printed on the firm letterhead.
- A copy of the entity’s PAN card. It must be presented in two copies and signed by an authorized body.
- Entities Declaration It must be presented in two copies and signed by an authorized body.
- Certificate of Incorporation It must be presented in two copies and signed by an authorized body.
- A copy of a license/certificate issued by the regulating organization. It must be presented in two copies and signed by an authorized body.
- Charges must be paid with a check or a demand draft. The check or demand draught must be made payable to ‘NSDL – TIN’.
Q2. How can I track the status of my Registration?
An organization that has attempted to register for Online PAN verification can use the acknowledgment number supplied to verify the progress of its registration. If the registration is successful, a notification containing that information and the User ID will be presented on the screen. If it was refused, a notice stating the refusal will be displayed.
Q3. Can entities renew PAN verifications?
Yes, an organization can renew its PAN verification system online by checking in with its user ID and digital signature to the official website. The entity must then choose the ‘Renewal of Facility’ option before clicking ‘Submit.’
Q4. Will I have to pay an upfront fee for PAN verification?
You will be required to pay an initial advance based on your preferences.
Q5. Is there software or a solution for mass PAN verification?
Yes, there is software available for performing mass PAN verification. It is one of the three verification modes stated on the NSDL website. The service is known as Software (API)-based PAN verification, and it is essentially an interface that allows the user to verify the Permanent Account Number online (PAN).