The permanent account number, or PAN, given by the country’s income tax agency is one of the most crucial papers that a person holds. The 10-digit alphanumeric number is required for an individual to have if he or she wants to conduct financial activities that exceed defined restrictions, such as purchasing mutual funds. The card, which also acts as identification, aids the government in preventing tax evasion. In this section, we will look at several features of the PAN card acknowledgment number that you may be interested in.
What is the Acknowledgement Number in PAN Card?
The PAN card acknowledgment number is a number given to a person when they apply for a PAN card through NSDL, UTI, or e-Mudra. When using NSDL, the entity generates a 15-digit PAN acknowledgment number, whereas UTIITSL generates a 9-digit application coupon number. Individuals can follow the status of their PAN application by dialing the number given.
How to Get Acknowledgement Number of PAN Card
The acknowledgment number may be found on the PAN acknowledgment slip or PAN acknowledgment form supplied to anybody who asks for a new PAN card or requests a modification to an existing PAN card.
After submitting an online application, an acknowledgment slip is emailed to the email address specified in the application form. If applying offline, the agent who receives the form provides the applicant with the PAN card acknowledgment number upon receipt of the application.
Download PAN Card with Acknowledgement Number
NSDL Portal – The NSDL portal may be used to get an e-PAN Card.
Using the acknowledgment number, you may download the e-PAN Card. The steps to download Pan Card are as follows:
- Navigate to the NSDL Pan site and enter the acknowledgment number.
- Enter the Acknowledgement number and your birth date in MM and YYYY format. Enter the captcha code and click the submit button.
- Then input your cell phone number and email address, and then click the ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- In the following step, enter the OTP and click the ‘Validate’ button.
- There will be a PDF file available for download. Click on it to obtain the PAN Card in PDF format. The e-PAN Card is a password-protected file, and the password is the date of birth in DDMMYYYY.
Track the Status of your NSDL / UTIITSL Pan Card Using the Pan Acknowledgement Number
Individuals who have applied for a new PAN card or a revision to an existing one can use the PAN acknowledgment number supplied to follow the status of their application. Follow the instructions outlined below.
Step 1: Go to https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html to get started.
Step 2: Select the ‘Application Type.’
Step 3: Type in your ‘Acknowledgement Number.’
Step 4: Type in the ‘Captcha Code.’
Step 5: Press the ‘Submit’ option.
How to Download the Pan Card Acknowledgement Number Online?
As previously stated, the PAN acknowledgment number is supplied after the PAN application form is submitted. Once the acknowledgment slip is provided to the registered email address, the user can download it and use the number to follow the status of the application.
Check the Pan Card Application Status without the Acknowledgement Number
There are three ways to which you can check your pan card status without the acknowledgment number –
Through Name and Date of Birth on NSDL Website
Step 1: Visit “https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html_bkp24052013“
Step 2: Provide your name as it appears on your PAN application (First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name/Surname) (Applicants other than ‘Individuals’ should enter their name solely in the Last Name/Surname section).
Step 3: Enter the date of birth/incorporation/agreement/partnership or trust deed/formation of a body of individuals/association of persons and click the Submit button.
Through Coupon Card on UTI Portal
- Visit the UTIITSL website and go to the ‘Track Your PAN Card Application Status Page (https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward)’.
- Enter the 10 character PAN number or coupon number in the corresponding column.
- Enter your ‘Date of Birth’ here.
- Enter the ‘captcha code’ provided and click ‘Submit.’
Through the PAN number UTI portal
- Visit the UTIITSL: https://www.myutiitsl.com/PAN_ONLINE/ePANCard
- Enter the PAN Card number and date of birth in the ‘MM/YYYY’ format below. If you have a GSTIN, enter it here. Then, input the captcha code and press the submit button.
- The registered mobile number and email address will be shown on the next page. Check these details carefully, then enter the OTP mode and click on the ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP and proceed to payment. After you have completed your payment, you can download your e-PAN Card.
- However, to apply for e-PAN via the UTIITSL website, one must have previously applied for a PAN or the most recent one corrected with UTIITSL. Alternatively, they must have a valid and active cell phone number registered with the IT Department.
PAN Card Acknowledgement – FAQs
Q1. My PAN card application is being held up due to insufficient details/documentary verification, according to my PAN card status. So, what should I do next?
In some situations, the PAN application status is displayed as ‘My application is being withheld from processing owing to insufficient details/documentary evidence,’ indicating that your documents are wrong or do not match the information provided in the PAN application. You must, however, re-submit the relevant documents to the Income Tax Department.
Q2. Can I check the progress of my PAN card application on NSDL without an acknowledgment number?
Previously, you could check the status of your PAN Card application using your name and date of birth, and no acknowledgment was necessary. However, the 15-digit acknowledgment is now required at the NSDL portal.
Q3. Your application has been received and is being processed; what does this PAN status mean?
This is one of the steps of the PAN Card application procedure, which implies that your supplied papers are being validated right now, and your PAN Card will be processed as soon as they are.
Q4. Is it possible to create a bank account using the application acknowledgment receipt for a PAN card?
Yes, it is feasible to create a bank account using the acknowledgment paper that is issued to the applicant after completing the PAN card application. A copy of the acknowledgment slip, together with the account opening form, must be presented to the bank authorities to open the bank account.
Q5. I misplaced my PAN Card, but I have my PAN Card Number. Can I get a copy from the Internet, and if so, where can I get it?
If you have misplaced your PAN card, you may retrieve it online. You may obtain a soft copy of your PAN NSDL or UTIITSL by visiting any of the websites listed below.