Groww Logo

Stuck Somewhere?

My Tickets
My Account
Stocks
Mutual Funds
FDs
US Stocks
Gold
Investments
IPO
Margin
Charges
P&L Reports
Others

Why is 20% of the sell amount blocked in my Groww Balance?

As per SEBI regulations, only 80% of the delivery sell amount is made available to invest immediately after a transaction, while the remaining 20% is released on the next trading day. Accordingly, this 20% amount will be added to your Groww balance one day after selling, i.e., on (T+1) day. 

For e.g., If you sell a stock from your holdings on Friday, the remaining 20% amount will be available on Monday (since Monday is the next trading day).
We hope that this answer was helpful!
How was your experience?
ⓒ 2016-2022 Groww. All rights reserved, Built with in India
MOST POPULAR ON GROWWVERSION - 2.4.0
STOCK MARKET INDICES:  S&P BSE SENSEX |  S&P BSE 100 |  NIFTY 100 |  NIFTY 50 |  NIFTY MIDCAP 100 |  NIFTY BANK |  NIFTY NEXT 50
MUTUAL FUNDS COMPANIES:  ICICI PRUDENTIAL |  HDFC |  NIPPON INDIA |  ADITYA BIRLA SUN LIFE |  SBI |  UTI |  FRANKLIN TEMPLETON |  KOTAK MAHINDRA |  IDFC |  DSP |  AXIS |  TATA |  L&T |  SUNDARAM |  PGIM |  INVESCO |  LIC |  JM FINANCIAL |  BARODA PIONEER |  CANARA ROBECO |  HSBC |  IDBI |  INDIABULLS |  MOTILAL OSWAL |  BNP PARIBAS |  MIRAE ASSET |  PRINCIPAL |  BOI AXA |  UNION KBC |  TAURUS |  EDELWEISS |  NAVI |  MAHINDRA |  QUANTUM |  PPFAS |  IIFL |  Quant |  SHRIRAM |  SAHARA |  ITI