Follow the Union Budget 2018-2019 here
- Defence industrial corridors in both public and private sectors to promote domestic production in the country.
- Companies with revenue up to ₹250 crore a proposal to extend 25% corporate tax rate.
- Critical illness deduction for senior citizens. For senior citizens, exemption of interest income on bank deposits raised to ₹50,000
- Farmer producer companies having a turnover of ₹100 crore is proposed 100% tax rebate
- Long-term capital gains to be taxed 10% and 15% tax on shares held for up to 1 year.
- Individual income tax brackets/rates remains unchanged
- People can open gold deposit accounts in a hassle-free manner as Gold monetisation scheme being revamped .
- Target of 80000 Cr in disinvestment
- 3.3% of GDP is the projected fiscal deficit for 2018-19
- To improve ease of doing business; 372 specific business reform actions and evaluation under this programme to be based on user feedback
- Taking steps to all steps to eliminate the use of Crypto-Currencies and encourage use of Blockchain technology in payment systems
- AMRUT program to provide water supply to all household in 500 cities and 19,428 core for 494 water supply contracts.
- Redevelopment of 600 railway stations with wifi , security systems and more.
- Under NAMAMI Ganga scheme 187 projects has been sanctioned.
- Construction of 100 Adarsh Monuments.
- 12% govt contribution to EPF in sectors employing large number of people and contribution of 8.33% to EPF for new employees by the govt for three years
- Creation of 70 lakhs jobs
- Increase the digital intensity in education and move from blackboard to digital board.
- ₹56,619 cr for SC welfare and ₹39,135 cr for ST welfare has been allocated.
- World’s largest govt funded program allocated for health wellness centres with 1200 c , allocated for health wellness /centres.₹ 5 lakh per family per year for 10 cr poor families
- FM wants every poor person should have a home by 2022.
- Every block with more than 50% ST population ,at least 20,000 tribal people will have ‘Ekalavya’ school at par with Navodaya Vidayalas by 2022.
The most recent updates are posted first.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]