- Sensex rose by 161.57 points or 0.48% to settle at 33,788.54.
- Nifty rose by 47.75 points or 0.46% to settle at 10,379.35.
- Mid-cap Index was up by 0.16%.
- Small-cap Index was up by 0.38%.
- Among sectoral indexes, consumer durables rose by 1.70%, oil and gas rose 1.52%, FMCG rose 1.15% and energy rose 1.14%. Teck fell down 0.99%, IT was down by 0.92%, telecom was down 0.51% and healthcare was down0.26%
- Top gainers: Axis Bank, M&M, ITC, and IndusInd Bank.
- Top Losers: Infosys, Tata Motors, Bharti Airtel, and TCS.