- Sensex fell by 351.56 points or 1.05% to settle at 33,019.07.
- Nifty fell by 116.60 points or 1.14% to settle at 10,128.
- Mid-cap Index was down by 0.92%.
- Small-cap Index was down by 1.01%.
- All 19 sectoral indices ended lower.
- Among indexes, metal, consumer durables, and basic materials lost the most with the drop being more than 2%.
- The fall today was due to global reasons. China announced a 25% tariff on 106 goods imported from the USA in response to the tariffs by the USA.
- Top Gainers: Tata Motors, Hindustan Unilever, Adani Ports, and Hero MotoCorp.
- Top Losers: Tata Steel, Axis Bank, L&T, and NTPC.