- Sensex rose by 286.68 points or 0.87% to settle at 33,255.36.
- Nifty rose by 98.10 points or 0.97% to settle at 10,211.80.
- Mid-cap Index was up by 1.40%.
- Small-cap Index was up by 2.35%.
- 18 out of 19 sectoral indices ended higher.
- Among indexes, the industrial index rose by 2.51%, the healthcare index rose by 2.48%, the automobile index rose by 2.14%, and the capital goods index rose by 2.03%.
- Top Gainers: Kotak Bank, Adani Ports, Tata Motors and Wipro.
- Top Losers: ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Coal India and SBI.