- India’s retail inflation eased last month.
- February 2018 inflation rate is 4.4%
- The estimate for the month was 4.7% but the inflation managed to beat the estimate and come to an even lower 4.4%
- Inflation for December 2017 was 5.20% and for January 2018 was 5.07%.
- Higher vegetable rates pushed inflation to the higher side. The prices of tomatoes and onions were very influential in the price rise.
- Tomato supply from December end in 2017 helped ease the prices.
- Onion supply from the end of March 2018 is also expected to ease inflation.