Aadhar card is a document needed for nearly any important documentation work. Applying for a new Adhar card online is very simple. Just follow the steps below.
In this article
Steps to Apply for Aadhar Card Online
Step #1. Find Adhaar enrollment center.
You need to find an enrolment center near you. To find the enrolment center, click here: Aadhar Enrollment Center.
Step #2. Book Appointment
Once you find the enrolment center, you can book an appointment. You can also go to the specific enrolment center, but booking an appointment saves time.
Step #3. Reach Enrollment Center
Reach the enrolment center before the appointment time to avoid any possibility of missing it. Following are the things you need to do once you reach the center:
- Fill the enrolment form. Alternatively, you can download the form from the website, take the printout of it and fill it before you go to the enrolment center.
- Submit the supporting documents. For Adhar card, UIDAI accepts Proof of Identity (PoI), Proof of Address (PoA) and Proof of Date of Birth.
- Carry Original Documents. You need to carry the original along with the photocopy of each document. Once the photocopy is verified with the originals, the originals are returned to you.
- Give Biometric Details. After the verification of the documents, biometric tests are done. This includes the impression of your fingerprints and your iris. For the purpose of the records, your photograph is also taken.
- Collect Acknowledgment Letter. You will be given an acknowledgment letter after all the above process is completed. You can check the status of application with the help of 14 digit enrolment number mentioned in the slip.
Step #4. Check Aadhar Card Status
You can check the Aadhar status online through the UIDAI website to see whether you have been allocated an Aadhaar number or not.
Step #5. Receive Aadhar Card
You will then get the Aadhaar card once all the process and biometric tests are done after 90 days or 3 months.
The Adhar card will arrive at your registered address through Indian Post. It may take a little more than 3 months also keeping in mind that a large volume of Aadhar card is being enrolled by people.
However, once you know the status of the allocation of Aadhar number to you and till the time you don’t receive your Aadhar card, you can also download the e Aadhar card online using this link Aadhar Card Download- e-Aadhaar and clicking on “Download Aadhar”.