Harsha Upadhyaya, CIO-Equity of Kotak AMC comments about his view of the markets in the present day. He says:
- He believes last year’s mutual funds performed stupendously; investors should not expect similar returns in the coming financial year.
- He says the banking sector affected by the NPA problem will drag the overall mutual fund returns down.
- He says he observes a good amount of economic activity in sectors like aviation passenger traffic, two-wheeler space, four-wheeler space, commercial vehicles space, and cement sales.
- Says his financial sector holdings are stable and that he is keeping a close on eye on them.
- He believes the construction theme is a good theme to invest right now subject to the pace of execution.
- He expects the IT sector to remain steady though the same cannot be said of midcap IT stocks.
- He also states that care must be taken when investing in the housing finance sector.