The markets have changed significantly since January 2018.
We saw what happened with small and mid-cap mutual funds.
Invest In Mutual Funds
- Earn higher returns by investing in direct mutual funds
- Start investing in less than 2 mins
- It's FREE
And to add to that, SEBI brought in recategorization.
So what were the best mutual funds back in January 2018 might not be the best now – given that many don’t belong to the same category as before.
Some mid-cap funds were no longer mid-cap. They had become small-cap funds. Or even large and mid-cap funds. This recategorization is obviously a very rare occurrence.
So in that light, here is an updated list of the very best mutual funds to invest in 2018. These top mutual funds have been selected based on various factors like ratings, past performance, AUM size and so on.
So here is the list of the best funds for 2018: Groww 30.
In this article
30 Best Mutual Funds To Invest In 2018
Best Tax Saving ELSS Funds
ELSS funds are one of the best investment options for tax savings. They have a lock-in period of 3 years.
Best Large-Cap Funds
Large-cap funds are considered the least risky of all equity funds. They are the most stable among equity funds.
Best Mid-Cap Funds
These funds give higher returns than large-cap funds and their risk is higher.
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Small & Midcap Fund
- L&T Midcap Fund
- Invest in Kotak Emerging Equity Scheme Now
Best Small-Cap Funds
These are very high growth funds. They invest in small companies with big potential for growth. They havea higher risk than mid-cap funds.
Best Multi-Cap Funds
These funds invest in companies of all sizes. Multi-cap funds are slightly riskier than large-cap funds but less risky than mid-cap funds.
- Motilal Oswal MOSt Focused Multicap 35 Fund
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Equity Fund
- SBI Magnum Multi Cap Fund
Best Sector Funds
Sector funds invest in a sector or industry only. They are therefore one of the highest return funds. The risk is also equally high.
- UTI Transportation and Logistics Fund
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Banking and Financial Services Fund
- Sundaram Rural India Fund
- L&T Infrastructure Fund
Best Index Funds
Index funds invest in funds that are part of an index.
Best Debt Funds
Debt funds are low-risk funds that invest bonds and other low-risk investment options.
- Axis Liquid Fund
- Indiabulls Liquid Fund – Growth
- L&T Short Term Income Fund
- Franklin India Low Duration Fund – Growth
- ICICI Prudential Long Term Plan
Best Balanced Funds
Also known as hybrid funds, these funds invest in both equity and debt options. Their risk level is, therefore, more than debt funds but less than equity funds.
- ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund
- HDFC Balanced Fund
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Balanced 95
- Reliance Regular Savings Fund – Balanced
Best Gold Fund
Gold funds are an excellent alternative to buying physical gold for investment purposes.