UPDATE: A new list of best SIP plans has been made for the year 2018. Click here to see the 10 best SIP plans for 2018.
The following table talks about different sub-categories suitable as per different risk profile and time horizon.
Invest In Mutual Funds
- Earn higher returns by investing in direct mutual funds
- Start investing in less than 2 mins
- It's FREE
|Investment Horizon/ Risk Profile||1 Year||3 Year||5 Year|
|Low||Liquid Fund or Ultra Short Term||Short Term or Ultra Short Term||Balanced(Equity) or Large Cap|
|Medium||MIP or Short term||ELSS||Large Cap|
|High||Balanced(Equity) or large-Cap||Mutli-Cap or Small Cap||Small or Mid Cap|
In this article
- 9 Best SIP Plans of 2017 In India
- 1 of 9- Liquid Fund or Ultra Short term (1-year very low risk)
- 2 of 9- Debt Monthly Income Plan (1-year low risk)
- 3 of 9- Balanced(Equity) or large-Cap(1-year high risk)
- 4 of 9- Short Term or Ultra Short Term (3 yr. low risk)
- 5 of 9- Equity Linked Savings Scheme (3 yr. medium risk)
- 6 of 9- Large Cap (3 yr. high risk)
- 7 of 9- Balanced- Equity Oriented or Large Cap(5 yr. low risk)
- 8 of 9- Multi Cap or Mid Cap (5 yr. medium risk)
- 9 of 9- Small and Mid-Cap (5 yr. high risk)
9 Best SIP Plans of 2017 In India
1 of 9- Liquid Fund or Ultra Short term (1-year very low risk)
2 of 9- Debt Monthly Income Plan (1-year low risk)
4 of 9- Short Term or Ultra Short Term (3 yr. low risk)
These schemes invest in long-term securities issued by government or corporates. These funds can see greater volatility in returns based on the value of the securities.
5 of 9- Equity Linked Savings Scheme (3 yr. medium risk)
ELSS falls under a particular area of Income Tax called as 80C, wherein you are permitted to contribute up to 1.5 Lakhs for every annum in ELSS or some other particular venture alternatives like Life Insurance Premium, PPF, EPF and so forth.
These schemes offer Additional benefit in which the amount invested in any scheme or any other investment option specific under section 80C (up to 1.5 lakhs) is deducted from your annual income.
6 of 9- Large Cap (3 yr. high risk)
These schemes invest significantly in large-cap and blue chip companies which are market leaders in their industry and sectors.
7 of 9- Balanced- Equity Oriented or Large Cap(5 yr. low risk)
To generate income by creating a portfolio that is invested in debt, money market instruments and equity and equity related securities.
8 of 9- Multi Cap or Mid Cap (5 yr. medium risk)
These funds invest in all sub-category of stocks be it Large cap, mid cap or small cap. Their main aim is to diversify across sectors.
9 of 9- Small and Mid-Cap (5 yr. high risk)
These schemes pick very small companies with a market cap. of less than Rs 2000 Crores. Although these schemes are of high risk. Although the returns are also high.